Protection Comes on when I turn up volume.

Unregistered guest
Hey guys,
I just cant figure out why the protection light comes on when i turn up the volume on my head unit. I'm sure that I wired everything correctly. I have a sony head unit as well as the 1000 Watt amp.. I've tried 3 diff subs and I get the same results. My gain on the amp is already on zero. I've tried setting up both bridged and stereo. Someone please help me.
If you could send me an email at powerprogoose@yahoo.com or you can reply here too. thanks in Advance.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 893
thats usually from having the subs wired at an impedance too low for the amp to work with, or you have your gains set too high.

what kind of sub and what kind of amp??

Anonymous

if your gain is at 0 volts, that means that your gain is at maximum sensitivity. In other words, its all the way up.

and like Brandon said, check the independance of your sub and amp to make sure they're wired correctly.

Unregistered guest
I turned the gain all the way down. I got them at 4 ohms. The Amp is a 1000W sony Xplod dual channel. I tried a 1200W Xplod Sub on bridged, and 2 channel stereo on Punch HE and, MTX. I Got the same results for both settings. It doesnt go on protection right away, it's only when I turn up the gain a little (about 35%) and the head unit about (50%). Is there anything else I can try? I'm guessing it might be that there's too much comming in from the head unit but I won't know how to test that without a different Amp. thanks guys

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 325
wut sub are you tryin right now? dvc 2 ohm, dvc 4 ohms....

give us the model number of the amp

powerprogoose
Unregistered guest
I tried using the amp with no subs connected and the protection did not come on even with the gain all the way up. I tried the MTX on stereo in one channel by itself and I got the same result. I tried the same thing with the Punch HE and it worked fine. So I at least got my sounds bumpin under one channel. the MTX was just given to me and was told it might be blown, so I'll try gettin another sub. Thanks for all your help guys, I really appreciate it. I'll post an update if it works for whoever might encounter the same problem. As for the model number, it was an MTX Thunder 6000 under dvc 4OHMs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us