Size of fuses

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 435
ok going to install everything early next week and have just a couple quick questions.
first, my setup is 1 15" SE off a JBL BP600.1 + infinity kappa (5.25") comps off a kicker kx150.2

ive got 1/0g wiring going from battery to fuse. what size? 150amp good?

from that fuse it goes to a d-block. out the d-block comes 4g wiring for the JBL and 8g for the Kicker. for the 4g, is a 120amp fuse good? and for the Kicker is an 80amp fuse good? i know that the wiring size and the fuse size have to match up, one cant out weigh the other. let me know if these sizes are cool or what they need to be changed to. thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 31
i would change the first 150 amp fuse to a 200 amp circuit breaker,and run the 1 guage wire to the d/b block,and run dual 4 guage wire from the block to the amps with no fuses.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 504
Do the amps have fuses on them? If so dont use fuses after the d-block. If they do have fuses add the amps of each and use that value for the fuse coming from the battery. 150 amp sounds right if they are class a/b amps.

you have total watts of 900
900 @ 12volt = 75 amps
50% amp efficiency approx = 150 amps approx

Bronze Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 33
lucas is right about the efficiency i suggested a 200 amp circuit breaker only becuse they tend to not be as efficient as a solid fuse but the will save you money

Silver Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 436
Lucas, i was reading the article on bcae1.com #14 about fuses and the diagram it has shows fuses after the d-block. it says that anytime the wire guage changes there should be a fuse? and i believe i only have a total of 750watts.. 600watts to the SE and 150watts to the comps. and i do have 1guage wire running into the d-block, and on the output it turns into 4 and 8 guage wire. i didnt think another 4 guage wiring kit could be needed for the kicker amp since its not pushing nearly as many watts as the JBL..the 8guage kit was cheaper as well. take a look at the diagram on bcae1.com its the 2nd pic. get back to me and tell me why i wouldnt need fuses after the d-block?

Silver Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 440
bump plz

Silver Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 448
cough cough *bump* cough
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums