What settings should I put my amp at to start out?

Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 8
Hey, I am installing an amp and speakers...I know how to do all that, but what should I put the following settings on the amp at?

Bass Boost> 0 - +18db
LPF> 50-250Hz
X-Over>Low, Full, or High (I assume low, since I am running 2 subs)
Phase Shift>0-180
HPF> 50-250Hz
Subsonic>15-60Hz
Gain>8v-0.2v

Any help is greatly appreciated

Unregistered guest
Bass boost can be set where you prefer as it is a matter of personal preference of how much "boost" you want. You will be using the low pass filter since you only want the low frequencies going to the sub. Low pass frequency should be set at around 80Hz. Phase shift set to 0 for normal operation, placing it on 180 just reverses it. You won't need to worry about high pass stuff since your running in low pass (only one setting can be used at a time). Subsonic filter is mainly useful when you are using a "ported" box but only you know your box setup at this time. Gain just matches the amp to the input level in volts that is coming from your head unit. You should be fine at around 3/4 up but your owners manual will tell you the in depth procedure for setting the gain (it's a matter of lisenting for distorion from the speakers and then turning it down to where the distortion ends). Hope that helped!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us