Help with speakers.

Username: Ikoabt

Post Number: 2
Hi, I don't know that much about speakers but I want to upgrade my system.

Here is what I currently know my car has:
AM/FM Stereo CD Player with Clock (4 x 20-watt) w/4 speakers

I was wondering if I replaced the rear deck with new, more powerful speakers, if the volume would increase, or just the sound quality. I want both better quality, and a louder system. I've been planning on buying these speakers.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Pioneer-6-x-9-3-Way-Speakers-TS-A6971R-/sem/rpsm/ oid/117833/catOid/-13092/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Do you think they will suit my car well, and that they are good speakers (at least for the money)? I'm kind of on a budget.

Username: Spkr589

Post Number: 4
Hi Vicky :-)

If you could give me more info about your setup I and others will be better equiped to help you. Is your radio a stock unit or a aftermarket unit? What size are your front speakers? I assume your rears are 6x9. Is that 4x22 power spec RMS power or Peak power. Sorry for all of the questions but these things need to be considered before giving you your best options :-)

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 466
I assume it is all factory. What make and model of car is it? You may no benefit much from just a speaker upgrade.

Username: Ikoabt

Post Number: 3
For both posts:

Yes it's all factory, no aftermarket radio. I was using circuitcity.com because I would be having someone else install them. The site says that these speakers will fit in my rear deck. So my speakers in the rear must be 6x9 and I think the front doors are 6-1/2.

I got the specifications about my current setup from: http://automobiles.honda.com/certified/model_overview.asp?ModelName=Civic+Sedan& ModelYear=2000

I don't want a crazy amount of sound, but a little louder, so I can listen to the music while outside of the car, like in a parking lot. And a little bass would be nice.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4765
Well a new Premier/Alpine deck would make a ton of difference .
Don't use pioneer speakers - not too clean or loud , go with simple coax Infinity or Alpine

Buy a 4 channel amp which u could power all ur speakers & a single sub in ur trunk .

If u like this idea - post & we could specifics based on a budget ................

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 490
yup. replace deck and speakers. adding an amp isnt necessary, but makes alot of difference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us