How do you wire kappa 6x9 693.7i (dual coil) with kicker 600.4 amp

Bronze Member
Username: Bradgman

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 16
How do you wire kappa 6x9 693.7i (dual coil) with kicker 600.4 amp. There are two voice coils and a block that has 4 wires out to the speakers then the positive and negative to the amp. I am asking because mine is not sounding right. I have the positive/negative to the amp and then the 4 wires +-+- to each coil on the speaker. 1 sounds great and one sounds distorted. Do the ohms matter when wiring them and should they be bridged?
Thanks
Brad

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 993
it is not really a dual coil, the one side is for the tweeter and the other is for the mid, the crossover has places for those wires. then the wire from the amp, or from the car goes to the input. it is out of phase. and the ohms are only going to run at 2ohm, those are the kappas. do not bridge, the amp is not stable at 2 ohms bridged,

Bronze Member
Username: Bradgman

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 19
How do I get it in phase or to sound better? I have both wired to the same 2ch part or both speakers are being pushed by the same gain and the other gain or other 2 ch that are together are my -door speakers,tweeters and 4x6 speakers (all in one) but the gain is turned only 25% up so the kappas will make all of the sound. If I have all of those hooked up to 2ch of the amp is that bad for it? The amp can push all of that because they are not that great of speakers and it is turned down, but will that bring the ohms down? How would you wire all 6 speakers and 2 tweeters to that amp? How do you know what side the tweeter terminals and the mid terminals are on the kappa's or does it matter if the colors go to the same coil. Sorry for all of the ?'s.
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 996
it should be marked on the speaker what side is which, but usually the side with a small skinny terminal is the tweet side. and any time you add speakers the ohm load drops, the kappas are already 2 ohm and that is the most that amp will prob handle on a stereo load. You can not bridge it. I would run the 4x6 to radio and kappas to amp. in order to run that correctly you have to run the tweeter side and mid side into the crossover, then the crossover input goes to wire for the amp. make sure the negative from the speakers are going to the negative on the crossover. start from there first then work back towards the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us