Need help bad wiring phoenix golds

mattfromnywit12's
Unregistered guest
I have 2 Phoenix Gold 12 inch dual 4 ohm voice coil speakers in a ported 2 12 enclosure. Im pushing them with a 250x2 PEAK power Clarion amp.I dont know the ohmage or RMS of this amp, however i was wondering what the best method of wiring these 2 subs would be? The way i have them now i am only using one voice coil per speaker and the amp is not bridged.And it isnt really that loud at all in my Sundance...

mattfromnywit12's
Unregistered guest
everyone is so helpfull

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 820
what is the rms numbers on those subs?? id advise u get a stronger amp and DO NOT hook up 1 voice coil only on a dual voice coil sub.. that will kill it fairly fast no one can tell you how to wire it unless u know what the amp is stable at .. its probably stable down to 2 ohms so you would wire each coil in parallel on a sub and then to a channel on the amp
like this http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=1+woofer&WoofImp= Dual+Voice+Coil+-+4+ohms+x+2&image.x=25&image.y=9 to each amp channel.. that is IF ITS A 2 channel amp.. if its a mono amp with 2 channels this wont work so u need to find more about it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us