Should enclosures be as big as possible??

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 626
im getting 2 RE SX's....each will be powered to 1200 RMS

should i put each in as big as an enclosure that i can fit in the trunk

are bigger enclosures better

and should it be ported??

i plan on having the box being made by klausaudio..so i just input the sq. feet then they make it

Silver Member

Post Number: 629
im getting 2 RE SX's....each will be powered to 1200 RMS

should i put each in as big as an enclosure that i can fit in the trunk

are bigger enclosures better

and should it be ported??

i plan on having the box being made by klausaudio..so i just input the sq. feet then they make it

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 844
yea, that SX is trying to be ported. Building a big box allows you to tune lower and decrease port noise while increasing output. But there's limits to the output gain you get by increasing the size of the box.

Silver Member

Post Number: 634
so..if i get two..how many sq. feet should each have..or should i just talk to RE

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 846
I haven't spent any time working with that driver's specs, I'd give them a call. Also, you could take a look at a box program like WinISD or box planner and see what it comes up with. This will be usefull info to have when you talk with RE.

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 150
I'm doing two SX15s for my truck. 7^3ft and ports tuned to 28hz. They recommend 3.5-4.0^3ft per subs.
Upload
Heres the start of it. Ports are already in and rounded off to decrease port noise. Just have to cut the face plate to reveal them. Going to be another box around this covered and housing the amps. Should be nice when its done

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 437
What U Guyz Think Of A 4.189cuft Box Tuned Around 26.5Hz Or 26Hz With A 3Inch Wide Slot Port For 1 12 Re Sx Any ? Box.. 15H 34W 18D

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 152
Lowest I'd tune a 12 is 30hz ..

Gold Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 1021
nope you don't want to build the biggest enclsoure possible, for one it'll choke off the airspace into the cabin if you're firing towards the rear and not allow the bass to travel inside your cabin. And also if the enclosure is to big then the sub will just react like its playing free-air, while also lower lower trhe power handling of the subwoofer

also not sure if you mentioned the driver size but we'll need that info to help you.

Anonymous

testing

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 438
i have like a 4sumthin cuft box tuned to 26.5hz wit 1 jl w3v2 an it sounds great it hits high an does the lows great an i think it sounds go0o0o0o0od it beated 2 15 kicker compvrs seald an 2 15 volfenhag seald an 2 alpine type rs 12s seald an i might b getti nit meter sunday hopefully
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us