Setting off car alarms?

Silver Member
Username: Ishkabobble55

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 150
how loud does a system usually have to be to set off car alarms?

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 433
it all depends on the sensitivity of the car alarm your setting off.we cant tell you the exact db it takes to set one off because all cars with alarms are different and set differently.

Silver Member

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 434
it all depends on the sensitivity of the car alarm your seting off.i cant give u an exact db that it takes to set one off cause all cars that have alarms are set differently.

Silver Member

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 435
omg i didnt see my first post,then i reposted and look its there now.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4137
my cousin set off and alarm with an entry level kicker 12 and a 400 watt profile amp and that only hits about 129 db

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 135
A lot of people have them way too sensative. My trucks exhaust sets off tons of alarms and when I had my car it and its system did.

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 136
A lot of people have them way too sensitive. My trucks exhaust sets off tons of alarms and when I had my car it and its system did.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1707
i was at an underground parking lot and my bass set off an alarm in the floor above mine. i am sure his alarm was set veru sensitive. whenever i go into a parking structure i like to play my bass real loud and see how many car alarms i can set off. lol.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 490
oh ya definately chad me too i love going in the parking garage at my school :-) I've noticed too if you play deep bass that will set off car alarms easily. some systems will set off any car alarm no matter how the alarm is set. this truck w/ 4 12w7's was about to set off my alarm and my alarm is set very well it is by no means sensitive so it takes a force of nature to set mine off but when that truck w/ the w7's pulled up my alarm did a warning chirp i disabled the alarm but all the other car alarms in the lot were not as fortunate as me they all fell to the deepness of the w7's. it was setting off car alarms 100 ft away.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 511
do you have your music loud when you are about to park? That's a big no no here, lol. If I done that and one person happened to hear my sub, then it's deff gone when I come back

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1711
i only do that in parking structures where i know i am going to come back out real quick. like a quick trip to the mall or something. besides there are security guys driving around the mall i frequently go to so really nothing happens.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 513
oh well then, believe it or not, but most of the break-in's into cars occur in underground parking structures where I live. We never park in them. I have been hearing numerous stories of people coming out and there systems were gone, tail lights stolen, and many other things. We do have mall security, but very rarely patrol the underground parking. It's basically park at your own risk.

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 311
Thomas is exactly correct. People set the shock sensors incorrect all the time.
But yea, I set of aftermarket and factory alarms. LOL in open air and in parking lots. Its easy too me.
But a loud PIPE on a Accord or Civic will do it also, LAMO
Ive seen that all the time.

Silver Member

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 495
my school is pretty safe and i have the viper remote starter pager alarm. when my car is parked in one spot for a while i am usually nearby.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 859
Man...I want to set off alarms lol. The most I've done is rattle ornaments on my X-Mas tree...Don't know HOW I did it, but my Mom saw it. Was a good time lol, especially at 1AM!

Anyone put those stickers on their windows that say what brands of audio you're running? For some reason those seem like invitations for theft, but they're impressive at the same time lol.

Can it be done with subs in a sealed enclosure? I doubt my Volfs. can do it, but how about the V-Max's I want to buy? ...Especially if they perform like my CV home speakers hehehe.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 556
It's not all about dB. A lot has to do with the actual frequency.

Ever notice a really note bass note, one that seems a lot quieter than the rest, yet your entire car shakes so much harder? You could be playing 160 dB at 2.4 khz (not likely to happen, but just for examples sake)and not set off anything, while a 130 dB at 45 hz will set off a lot. It's about the vibrations.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4171
basically the frequency the material impacted resonates am i correct?

Silver Member

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 500
ya thats kind of what i was alluding to in my post earlier.

Tyler, I have 2 very small Jl audio stickers on my car one on the front windshield at the top and one on the back window. they are very small so people probably think i have 1 12 or something but they have no idea that i actually have 3 12's in a custom box in the tire well haha.

Silver Member

Post Number: 881
Well, this is going to sound stupid, but the bass from my new home speakers, gives me chills sometimes lol. Especially below 30Hz.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 882
I generally don't keep lamps on my speakers, just for lighting becaues my crappy cam. needs a lot of light (no flash).

Also, try not to mind the mess, I just got the speakres in and I'm rearranging stuff. Like these...

Upload

Might be selling those...

And the teddy bear on the floor is from the bass knocking it off lol. Yea, that's my bedroom lol. Solid oak, hand carved bedroom suit, with desk of same make. ($6000)

Upload
Upload
Upload

I guess if I sold my bedroom suit, I could get an AMAZING car system huh? LMAO!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4524
i agree ^^^ - lol

thats just too many boxes u got there dude - u could buy a pair of 15s & replace all that clutter easily

My pair of 12" Phillips is quite loud enough 4 me Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 884
My Cerwin Vega's are 12". They are what I use to impress. Along with the speakers on top of them for increased mids/highs.

The gray Sony's in the middle are for daily listening.

I really don't consider it clutter...lol.

I could be wrong, but those Phillips appear to be PA speakers? Maybe not, just hard to tell from the pic. But PA speakers don't offer the same sound quality as large home audio speakers. PA's are just for playing loud and sounding crappy, but at concerts and dances no one cares. But for good SQ and such you've got to get a pair home audio floor standers.

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1517
Tyler dont the magnets on the speakers mess up the color on the T.V. I know my SX messes up the color on mine almost halfway across the room.

Silver Member

Post Number: 885
The sad part is, those CV speakers go back this week.

In the E-Bay auction I bought them in, they are "factory seconds" and could have scratches or a little nick on them.

However, one speaker is completely worthless in two ways.

The mid-woofer x-over fell off the PC board OR the magnet fell off of the mid-woofer. AND there is a gap on the side wall of the speaker and it lets a LOT of air out, which throws off the port tune, as well as the SPL I get from the bass.

So a new pair should be here on Tues. However I'm going to make sure I have all four speakers here, and test them all, then I'm keeping the best two of the four, because I'm not going through this again where something doesn't work.

It's only supposed to be that there could be scratches on them, nothing to this extreme. I can deal with a couple of scratches, but for $300 for the pair shipped they better at least work and meet CV's functionality standards or I'm reporting this guy to E-Bay for false advertising. The seller has a lot of "+" feedback, but still. He wanted me to try and repair the one speaker before I sent it back, BS!

Other than that, they sound really nice, so I can only imagine what a good pair will sound like.

Silver Member

Post Number: 886
BassMan, I'm pretty sure the Sony's are video shielded. They've never cuased a problem, but my tiny 80's realistics which are 5.25" midwoofers that play a full bandwidth, I had them on top of the TV at one time (bad imaging), and they caused some video issues.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4186
ive got a pair of cerwin vega dx 7 speakers tyler so I know what you mean about low end LOL they have 12 inch woofers with mids and tweets ....on my technics old surround reciever in stereo they pounded as good as my dads $1000 1988 year polks which says alot now they are being run on a onkyo 424 reciever at 4 ohms and that reciever makes them sound ok but no anywhere near like the technics...wish i could find one of them again

Gold Member

Post Number: 4187
wow move that speaker bassman thats not good on a picture tube

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4526
no
my set @ the bottom is actually Phillips 3 way home system - its about 18+ yrs old ! . Used 2 be my bro's who moved out yrs ago so now its mine . He got the speakers alone by trading it with a friend & we built a pair sealed boxes 4 em & the SQL is shweeet with any type of music .

Yrs ago when Mortal Kombat 2 came out on the SNES i used these off a tv & that game sounded so super on them -lol .......

Silver Member

Post Number: 887
LMAO @ Rovin.

I use my speakers to play today's games. Sounds good!

Silver Member

Post Number: 889
Nice Sean, your dad has Polk speakers from before they started making garbage...Kind of like Infinity.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4528
well now i got my 500wrms 10" ported sub Logitech Z5500 system . Bougth it new in Dec 04 & now everything on my PC sounds SUPER with it especially music - thats why my set in that pic looks dormant . Even got MAME on my pc so i still can play my older games anytime i want to -lol

Its cool 2 talk about other electronic stuff besides car audio too .........

Silver Member

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 487
cmon now tyler is that your moms room....lol

nice clean room i must say.

Silver Member

Post Number: 890
My mom's room? Ok, so I like color and decorations...BUT I'M NO INTERIOR DESIGNER (not G@Y).

I try to keep it clean lol. Gets hard during the week with school and crap, but it's all good.

You know, Rovin, I question that PC sound system being able to produce 500W RMS of power...I remember talking to my Dad once (He's pretty much a complete book on electronics, ask him a question he's got the answer plus 087087087324 different reasons/opinions, some proven, some thories, very good with all electronics however) and he mentioned once that a PC sound system producing any power ratings above 50W is absurd.

Although he may have just been referring to the speakers, not the sub. But still, are you saying your PC system can outbump one of my Volfenhags?!?!?!? (No comments from you Volf. haters :P)

Just curious, but still, sounds neat, I love video game sounds on nice systems. I can under stand why people run gaming systems in their cars.

What I can't understand is when my cousin and I are following this kid with a HitlerMobie (volskwagon jetta (old)) to the cast part for the Madrigal Choir at my school, why he decides to watch the Pod Races on Star Wars while driving up a windey rode...It was hard to follow him.

He had a Wal-Mart portable DVD player, hooked up to his Aiwa HU, and stock speakers. Not to mention, a neon light wired from the 12V lighter thing with wires going over the back seats to the rear window, wired so that it blinks when sound is produced.

It's bad enough neons have a delayed kick-on time, so you can imagine how innacurate the sound to light show was...It was a disgrace to all car electronics...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4194
yeah tyler my dads polks are amazing for a dual 7 inch set up per speaker ...i cant believe how tight and how hard they hit going low polk definately made them right ....my dad told me he looked at bose along side the polks and bought the polks over them....i said dad you made the right choice when he asked me if polk was any good
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us