Grounding question

stevie boy
Unregistered guest
im wireing 3 amps together now my question is can i loop the grounds together like i would the remote wire or do i have to ground them each separatly. and would a 600-700 watt alpine or rockford amp sound good on the infinity ref 1040w

Silver Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 158
You could route all the grounds to a ground distribution block, then all 3 amps would have a common ground. Typically, it has been my experience that when the "daisy chain" method is used on- in particular- grounds, it introduces excessive noise into the system. I have eliminated my own problem by grounding each component separately, but a distribution block would be just as effective. Mind you, my amps are each grounded separately, and my HU and EQ are both grounded individually. As far as the amp decision goes, Alpine tends to be cleaner than RF. Hope this helps!

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 133
I wouldn't daisy chain 3 amps. I might with just 2, and even then only if at least one of them was really small.

Theoretically, if you can get large enough wire in/out of the first two and your connections are good it should work, but it wouldn't be the right way, and doing it the right way wouldn't be THAT much more of a hassle.

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 342
it is not good to daisy chain anything in the electrical/electronics field you should make seperate grounds for all of them

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 137
"not good to daisy chain anything in the electronics field"

???

How do you figure

I prefer one spot.

I like ground d-blocks for more than one amp. Seems logical to me to find one ground you know is good than go through the trouble to make 2, or 3, or ???.

stevie boy
Unregistered guest
this is what im doing i ran a 4 guage power wire to a distributor block and ill run 3 8 guage wires out of that to each amp. then for the ground i ran a ground from each amp to another distributor block and then a 4 guage outta that to the ground will taht work???

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 142
assuming your total power is ~1200w or less, and your wires aren't unusually long - that should work great.

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 277
sorry to steal a post but what do you got in your ride optidriven, i assume the lanzar optis? what else?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us