Box building help please

Bronze Member
Username: Buddyleee5

Post Number: 99
I know that there are alot of questions about building a box on this site but i cant seem to find what i am looking for after searching. How do you find the interior cu. ft amount. I want to make a 2 cu. Ft. sealed box for my re se's. They are 2 12's and i was thinking of inverting them, but putting the magnet in the box is alright too. Can anyone help me to figure out how to find the amount of space inside the box with the subs inverted and with them sitting in the box.
thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1617
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 380
how do you calculate what the volume of a box would be with the speaker in it? I have 1 RE SE 15" and the internal volume of my sealed enclosure is 2.5 ft^3 but what would that be with the sub in it? i was aiming for a 2.0 ft^3 box..did i over do it? or will it be closer to 2.0 ft^3 when the sub is actually in the box?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
bump

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 430
play around with measurements.... the top (or w/e side you mount your subs to) needs to be 13.5inches wide, min. I did mine at 14"...

Take your external dimensions, subtract 1.5 from each.. (2 times 3/4 inch MDF)... multiply them toghether and divide by 1728. That's the gross volume in cubic feet. I'd recommend doing a double baffle though (2 sheets of MDF on top of each other for the subs to mount to)

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 381
what does the double baffle do baseball? just provide better support for the sub? do most enclosures double up like this or was it just a suggestion?

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
i have 2 12's which means that the front of the box needs to be 28" long minimum. if i double the suport are you saying to put another piece of mdf on top of the box on the outside or another piece on the inside for support?

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 414
length x width x height gives u cubic inches. the manufacturer of the sub can tell you how much space the sub takes up. U can invert the sub and run the magnets on the outside but be sure to invert the wiring if you do.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us