NE decent 4" speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Bigstick4lr

Columbia, Maryland U.S.

Post Number: 21
HEY Guys, Is there any decent 4 inch speakers out there? money isnt an issue and neither is power, but i just havent been able to find decent ones

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 819
jl are nice

Bronze Member

Columbia, Maryland U.S.

Post Number: 22
WHich ones? the coaxial ones?

Silver Member

Post Number: 820
they only make the tr series in them.

Bronze Member

Columbia, Maryland U.S.

Post Number: 23
are those the best sounding?

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
what are you looking for, a midrange woofer or a coaxial set? I have a set of HD-4s that are nice. They made the Viper 550.2 woofers sound like poo when comparing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 821
Your only going to get but so much out of 4's anyway.

Bronze Member

Columbia, Maryland U.S.

Post Number: 24
so far all the four inch speakers i have tryed dont sound ne different in the front. You just cant hear them. So it sounds like all the sound is coming from the back which is kinda weird.
BASICALLY what i want to know is that even if i get the best four inch speaker ever made is their sound still gonna be drowned out by the back? Do I need to add an amp ?

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
well sounds like you have a problem with your sound staging then. I've had a set of 4in woofers and 1in tweets and 6x9s in the rear and was able to get them to be balanced. If you can i would suggest like 4in in the doors if thats where your hole is and a 5.25 in the kicks or make a custom door panel to hold a 5.25 or 6.5

Bronze Member

Columbia, Maryland U.S.

Post Number: 25
How exactly would i go about making a customdoor panel?

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
well alot of people go and make a template of the bottom half of their door and fiberglass a mold similar to the factory door mold. Then they fiberglass in the baffles and reinforce it with more fiberglass. Then they attach it to the upper half of the door trim and screw it down.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5311
Even cheap Q-forms kick panels and a component system would be better than just the 4 inchers. You'd want to deaden them extensively before using them

Custom kicks or door panels are the best option, though, but Q forms are cheaper and easier to implement.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us