Can someone show me how to wire 2 DVC subs at four ohms to one amp???

Username: Dusty11185

Post Number: 5
OK i have two DVC subs to connect to my amp. I want to connect them to the amp at 4 ohms. how do i connect the speaker wires to do this? My other question is that the online diagrams for all wiring configurations show the wires from the subs finally meeting up to one positive wire and one negative wire, Which both connect to the amp, but my amp has a pos/neg connection for the left speaker, and another Pos/neg connection for the right speaker. According to the wiring diagrams, one of these connections in the amp would not be used. Can someone explain this???

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4328
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky.. USA duh

Post Number: 1437
lol rovin? wat the fudge

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 769
running that amp bridged at 4ohms, 1+, and 1- wire. if those are dual 4ohm subs...

Username: Metal_m_a_n

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2
First we need to know the ohm's of your sub's and if they are dual coil.... And if you want to run your amp in bridged/mono mode or if you want stereo. And it only shows one */- because most everyone bridges the amp and your amp should have markings to indicate which two terminals to use fro bridging. Also we need to know what kind of amp you have cuase for all you know you could be able to run 1 ohm stable and would get more power out of the system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us