Ok im confused

Anonymous

will dynomat take away most of rattling out of my trunk, but by doing so giving me more sq right, but giving me less spl from outside the car right, like if i left it with no dynomat, it would have less sq in the car and out but have more spl like far away from the car right, because right now i have 2 12's and when i turn the corner to my street my bros and sis's say they can hear my car and i like that because even though most of the bass is leaving the car i am satisfied for the bass that still in the car, it hits hard.

so to make it easy, if i add dynomat to my trunk and roof to help with the rattling will i lose some of the distance that i get with my subs

and i know i know, why do you want to be heard from outside the car, youll get tickets make neighbors angry, less bass inside the car.
i know but i want to be heard because at school, i like rolling up and turning everyones head, but the trunk rattles so bad like 5 feet from the car sounds like ace, but like 45 50 feet sounds so clean and hard, like you can feel it in your chest. so i want to get rid of the rattling but still have that outside loudness
any help or comments greatly appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1507
try to pinpoint where the rattles are coming from. it could be a lose part on a trunk or something. my car rattled alot so i made my trunk close tighter and it took alot away. also i found out a piece of plastic inside my tail light came loose so i tightened that and almost no rattle. i did eventually put edead on my truck and after i did that the sound is amazing in the car. i could still be heard from far away.

Anonymous

well ive tightened everything i can and its just the trunk door is really flexible, so is the roof but the loudest thing that annoys me is my rear view mirror ,if i start it good where i can see 2 sec after bass starts, it rattles and is turned all the way around, i just want to know if i add dynomat will it lose spl on the outside if the car

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1508
you won't loose too much spl outside if you dynamat the trunk. just try 1 layer for now and see if it makes a big difference. you will still have your spl outside.

Bronze Member
Username: Mellowyellow

Post Number: 30
they make a spray thats like 14 dollars a pop same thing ive heard. heres the link
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=268-250
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us