Need some thoughts on which 10"

Username: P88c

Indiana

Post Number: 2
I drive a 04 jeep wrangler and i want to be able to impress people with a quality sounding system that normally you wouldnt get out of a wrangler, space is a huge factor for me, so i am mounting 1 sub in a sealed box made to specs behind my rear seat. I quickly ordered 1 10" kicker l7 and i have not opened it yet, i thought it might do well in a sealed box but before i have it installed i am having second thoughts, and i need to know if i should exchange that for 1 10" infinity kappa perfect? Im not trying to go for spl but i do want it to be somewhat loud but and not going to sacrifice sq. Also, if i exchange for the infinity how big of a difference is the 10" going to be from the 12" (i will make an effort to fit the 12" if there will be a noticable differnce. Im open for other brand subs if you think there are any i should be considering. But please tell me first what you think about the two i mentioned before you just give me a list of what you think i should get

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 354
I think, from what I've heard, go with the kappa perfect if SPL isn't a factor but SQ is.

Also, IF above describes your preference...
look into a 10 or 12 IDMAX (image dynamics). 1000 watt RMS optimized for small 1 cubic ft. sealed enclosure. One of the best in it's price range... definately.
I had one, but I wanted a tad more SPL... so I sent it back. Just so you know, CarDomain is where I got it, and they'll take it back within 30 days so long as you don't fry the voice coil or damage the cone.

hope this helps.

imagedynamicsusa.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us