Can a subwoofer explode? (in sound) if incorrectly installed?

Silver Member
Username: Panamanian

Panama cityPanama

Post Number: 114
like a very loud BOOOOOOOMB!!!! (not really an explosion, but a very load sound explosion)

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 351
YES I never believed this until about 3 months ago when a local was running a Cerwin Vega Vmax 15 on a Punch 800, the sub literally blew into pieces and lit the back of his truck seat on fire. I have personally witnessed this so if anyone says it's a lie let's send it up to myth busters!!!

Silver Member
Username: Panamanian

Panama cityPanama

Post Number: 117
mythbuster? you mean GLASSWOLF? :-)

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 410
thats actually pretty cool.... how would you make the sub explode like that... i wanna try...

Anonymous

YEAH THEY DO i hooked 800w to a 180w Jensen 8" it blew the cone out! it was ausome.

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 412
so just like get a sh!tty sub and a good amp and turn it up? does it do anything to the amp or no?

Bronze Member
Username: Redbone15367

Mo U.S.A.

Post Number: 31
no but sometimes they don't blow out, but catch on fire. I've had 2 on fire, 1 that came all the way out, I like having fun with old subs that arent any good.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 994
i've seen an 18" Eclipse Ti sub completely invert itself once. I didn't believe it but the guys at the shop showed me pictures. The customer said that sub was pounding so hard and then it just died and when he opened his hatch he saw that the cone had inverted itself. Took maybe 15 minutes to do. They had never seen anything like it before. I thought it was pretty cool.

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Jacksonville, Florida U.S.

Post Number: 259
seems pretty cool as long as it wasnt urs lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us