List of good/bad/worst car audio companys

Anonymous

hey all, there was a list around here not to far back when i first found of this site and found a list of like bad companys, good, and better for car audio and was wondering if anyone's seen it around

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmikelazott

Independence, Oregon

Post Number: 44
http://pub14.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=27.topic

Anonymous

exactly what i was looking for, thanks alot

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmikelazott

Independence, Oregon

Post Number: 45
YEAH

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 154
is someone going to update this list?
it still says 2k3.

Bronze Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 49
there's a LOT of "WTF's?!" in that list if you ask me. "Generalized" should be highlited and underlined.

First of all - bad isn't the greatest description to start with.
With budget amps you have to understand you get what you pay for, not what's printed on the box in big red letters. There are a lot of <$100 amps out there that have bad ratings but do a good job for the money -- anway, my thoughts...

In the "bad" list...
Jensen has some of the better "cheap" amps you can get - they are often lumped in with brands like Power Acoustik, Us Acoustics and Profile. By the way, Profile is highly recommended for good affordable amps. Kole audio is a sibling company of Power Acoustic, they both sell reliable, big power, affordable subwoofer amps.

MA audio has some monster amps - not cheap, but definitely not "bad".

Profile, as I said - very good budget amps.

Sony? Bad? :rolleyes:
Sony mobile audio has never been "bad". They have SOME very cheap entry level stuff that I would probably not recommend, but for a beginner, or even a hobbyist they have a lot of products that are more than servicable. To call them "bad" and be done with it is wrong.

SPL - another budget brand under the Power Acoustik umbrella. Not too bad for the cost. A local shop uses them as demo amps for their speakers and subs b/c they're affordable, reliable, and not THAT over-rated.

Visonik has made some VERY nice sub amps over the past two years.

Questionable:
To say Alpine has questionable [i]anything[/i] is "questionable" IMO.

Autotek has been making VERY solid amps for years now. They were recently overtaken by Maxxsonics (makers of Hifonics) so stay tuned on that one.

'Bahn - eh - not a fan, but they're crazy popular. A lot of people swear by them.

Blaupunkt just puts out solid stuff year after year and never gets a lot of credit. They've got some really nice high end HU's and pretty good stuff from top to bottom.

Aiwa - owned by Sony - good budget HU's

Crunch - more a memeber of the "bad" category, but they've got some amps and subs that are decent for the price.

Hifonics - fading lately, but recently the most popular sub amps on the forums.

Lanzar Vibe/Viberant/heritage stuff I guess could be in the "questionable" category, but the Lanzar Optidrive products are rock solid.

Panasonic makes great HU's

I think Pioneer speakers are pretty good for the cost. Some of their budget subs are really pretty impressive for the price.

Fosgate questionable?? That's crap. Solid amps - a bit over-priced IMO, but always reliable. I think they have really good sounding speakers, and they've got a sub in every price range that's at least decent.

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Jacksonville, Florida U.S.

Post Number: 202
alpine as questionable....ive found anything alpine has to be reliable....ma audio amps..some of the lower models arent very reliable but when you get on up there in the wattage i think that they're good

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3331
there is an updated list cant find the link though

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 324
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/768492/5

theres a list

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5154
I agree with everything on the list. But you have to understand we all have different opinions. I'm rather picky, and could narrow my bests to probably about 5 top performers in a given category.

Silver Member
Username: Graphix1

Santa Rosa Heights, Arima Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 294
yea i agree with u all.....they shouldnt say bad....cause the amp will still work and put out power if u buy a "bad" 1200W amp its bound to put out at least 300WRMS...it may not put out what it said but its puts out enough for the money
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us