2 Alpine Type R vs 2 JL Audio 12W6v2

Justin Whitehead
Unregistered guest
They will both be pushed by a MB Quart RAA1000
Currently I have the two types r's and was wonder if this upgrade would make that much of a difference....i'm looking for both sq and spl....but i think i want a lil more spl......thanks

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3173
the w6v2's will sound better but will not get as loud, since u mainly want spl, look into sx, titanics,etc

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4375
is that mb quart amp stable at 1ohm? what are the power ratings on that? The w6's ported will be much louder then the type r's and sound much better at the same time. the type r's are more comparable to the w3's.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3790
yeah that amp is rated 1000wrms @ 1 ohm - recently got mine 2 power 2 Rs but haven't tried it as yet .

currently working on my install & should get it done by sunday ........

Justin Whitehead
Unregistered guest
The amp is 1 ohm stable and its pushin 1000rms....should I get the 13w6v2 b/c they are 500 rms instead of the 12wv2 b/c they are 400rms...and i'd prolly try to get the H.O. box....

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4377
you will be very very happy with 2 13w6's in HO boxes on a 1000/1:-)

Justin Whitehead
Unregistered guest
would it sound just as good with my current amp or would it be that much better with the jl amp....i thought my current amp was good

Anonymous

i'd say your amp would work fine and sound goood also...the JL amp will be better be ideal for those 13w6v2s, but it would be pretty spendy

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4383
no your current amp will work just fine sorry about that man. Deff use what you have before you go buy something else that will do the same job.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 442
the w6v2 would be louder than type R's i've heard both in vehicles compared to each other and the w6v2 are louder and sound better if you ask me thats not even a comparison.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4398
I agree completely! I personally dont think the type r's are anything more then a decent avg level sub.

Justin Whitehead
Unregistered guest
Do they make a H.O. box for 2 13W6v2? Just wondering because i cant find any.....or would it be just as good buying 2 12W6v2..(looking for spl).....although they would be overpowered.....Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us