Did they steer me right?

SteveStewa
Unregistered guest
I just bought a car stereo system mainly following the advise of friends and coworkers. Here's what I ended up with: enclosed dual 10" mtx 8500's, mtx T7801 mono amp, Infinity speakers, Sirius satellite reciever, and an Infinity 7541a 4-channel amp. Through employee pricing and accomodation orders I paid under $2,000 for all componants, the installation, 2 farod cap, and having the whole thing professionally installed. I know I got a great deal but have no idea how this system would rate on a scale of 1 to 10. Opinions please!

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 427
sounds like a pretty solid system.you should be pleased w/ everything. especially if this is your first system then that is really good and a lot better than many peoples first systems.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3100
3.5, u got ripped, mtx subs are not that great at all (they almost sux), unless they are the perfect speakers, i would not buy infinity unless i was on a budget, mtx amps are ok, im not sure what kind of hu u have, u could have got a much better setup for about 1000-1200 less

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1369
I could of also done much better with around 2 grand. How much was the install though? I usually dont count any install price since i dont believe in paying for a install unless its the HU everything else is fairly simple.

SteveStewa
Unregistered guest
Install is costing me about 200.

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1371
so around 1800 on the actual equipment. eh coulda done fairly better.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 302
id give it a 4. like everyone else said you could have gotten it for at least 600-800 less includeing install. i got ripped off on the first system i bought...happens to almost everyone.

SteveStewa
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the opinions. Here's a breakdown of the amount I paid. Could you please point out exactly where I over paid (it hasn't been installed and I can still return some of it).

Infinity 4-channel amp: $130
2 MTX 10" 8500's(in factory enclosure): $400
MTX T7801 1200 watt mono-amp: $280
2 Farod Tsunami cap: $80
Tsunami 0-gauge amp power kit: $100
4 Infinity 5 1/4" speakers: $100
2 sets of gold 4-channel adio cables: $60
Sirius Satellite reciever(with warrenty): $80
Misc.(speaker wire, splitters, S&H ect): $250
Install fees were actually $250

My first estimation was a little high, but not 800 dollars off. To save you guys some trouble the total amount I paid for everything is: $1730. Thanks again.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3107
why not register

Username: Stevestewa

Post Number: 1
lol good point. I'm now registered.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3108
are the infinity speakers, reference, kappa, or perfect??

Post Number: 2
reference

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 400
I think the misc, amp, box, ampkit and labor just a bit to much.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4336
not a bad system for your first one. I am sure the people who frequent this board could have done a little better with the price but most of us would have gone with different equipment for around the same price. You live and learn, now you are registered and know about this board so you to will soon be running a ED nine.1 with alpine type r's just like everyone else in here. lol! J/K guys but no man not bad at all for your first system. If you like it thats all that matters. Those subs can get loud enough to drown out those refference's so that shouls be your next upgrade go to some kappa's. What Head unit are you running?

Post Number: 3
I'm running a sony after market HU with a six disc changer that I had already bought about a year and a half ago. It's just a basic HU. I'm going to upgrade to a flip out screen as soon as I save up enough money again.

Bronze Member
Username: Southern_bass

Jacksonville, Florida U.S.

Post Number: 61
i got ripped my 1st deal...2 memphis subs 300 watts each with just 1 300 watt amp lol ..a shitty blaupunkt hu and got it installed for dreadful $800 :-(

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 109
hey i got 2 10" thnuder 7500's a thunder 942 amp the box wirng a jvc hu and a voodoo rack cap for 450 hows that for a first

Bronze Member
Username: Greeney

Grove, MN US

Post Number: 38
Resonant engineering SX 12
Hifonics Titan tx1505d
wires
Alpine hu
wood for box

all for 725.00

Bronze Member
Username: Southern_bass