Wiring

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 294
how would i wire 2 10" cvr's dual 2 0hm so that i can run them on a PG octane R8.0:1 @2ohms (600rms)

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5066
Wire each sub in parallel for 1ohm, then in series for 2ohm resistance.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 295
thats what i was thinking when looking @ the wiring charts on re audio but is their like a diagram ne were to show me how to do this...thankx in advance...

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 296
what if the subs are in individual enclosures then would the wiring be different?

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 297
http://a763.g.akamai.net/7/763/1644/v002/app.infopia.com/img/image/fp/extra/1/VP ID/1331802

it also looks like the amp has 2 channels but it says mono...

Bronze Member
Username: Mitch_001

Post Number: 56
Kicker cvr's right there singel 4 ohm vc's
wire + + and - - = 2 ohm load... so run the positives together and the negitives together

Username: C10_250

Post Number: 2
It probably has two postive terminals and two negative termanals for the same channel. It makes for an easier setup for running two subs in parallel.

I believe you could run each sub in series and then hook them up to the amp individualy and still come out with the desired two ohms. It would make your dual enclosure setup easier.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 298
but could some one answer my question for the two seperate enclosures im gunna go with dual 2 ohm 10" cvr's and using a PG Octane R8.0:1 600rms @2ohms....and its only 2 ohm stable, so i gotta run them(cvr's) @ a 20hm load...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us