Car audio to home audio

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 432
just wanted to know how i would hook my car audio stuff in my house

i know my amp and hu run off of DC but i think houses are ran off of AC do i get an AC/DC converter or what ... thanx

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3755
AC/DC converter - correct !

buy 1 that has the amperage ur amp needs .....

Silver Member

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 437
oh cool thankx once again rovin ima check ebay ... does company matter like quality or are they pretty much all the same ?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3759
i been doing that yrs ago when i was under the age of gettting a license & up to the point of me being able 2 afford buying my own ride .

Alot of chinese/taiwan companies make em so there's no stand out brand like alpine or pioneer in car audio .
i found my old regulated power supply (thats what i know them as) - mines a Nippon America that does 10-12A @ 13.8 volts , its almost 10yrs old & still works fine ! .
Thats what i used cause my old pioneer amp required only 10A - if your amp requires about 50+ Amps then its gonna be quite an expensive power supply , u might as well buy a battery & charger which'll work out cheaper ........

Silver Member

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 438
oh i need bout 35-40A ... i already have a charger it jumps cars and a female cigarett adapter so u you think i should just get a yellow top ? my friends sellin one ima see how much he wants

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3762
i'm just about 2 go 2 bed & happen 2 see u post

Only 35/40A - well thats no sweat should be fairly cheap ! . I thought u had some 1000wrms amp that needs 120A of current + maybe a 4 channel amp in d mix too .
Buy a good power supply then & do remember 2 include the additional amperage that your deck & if u also using a preamp/xover will also be requiring ...

I'm gonna zzzzzz ..............

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 752
Wouldn't...It be easier to just buy a couple of "boom" tubs as I've heard them called (not to say they lack in SQ, but it's just a funny way to refer to them), such as a Cerwin Vega V-15F, or Cerwin Vega E-715. Or the 12 models work well too. And get a HOME/DJ power amp to run them? It doesn't HAVE to be Cerwin Vega either, just came to mind because I'm getting a pair for X-Mas :-). Considering they reach 26Hz, with 135dB bass peaks, I don't see how that'd be a problem hehe.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5054
30A-40A ps is not cheap. You will have to spend at least $150. If you're good with electronics, you can try and find 30A-40A transformer and build a regulator for it. That might end up costing $50.
If you check eBay, you might be able to find an old 100A ps made by Orion. Last year, someone was selling it for $400. Well worth it if you plan on testing amps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us