Encloser size

Bronze Member
Username: Mwright1000

Post Number: 71
This may be a stupid question but I have to ask. The 12" subs I am buying have a suggested box size of 1.25cu ft. If I need to build a box for 2 with no sepperation I need a total cu ft of 2.5. Correct?

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 118
what subs?

Bronze Member
Username: Mwright1000

Post Number: 72
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=119551&c=1&cm_re=main%20marq uee-_-Buy%201%20Infinity%20subwoofer%20get%201%20free-_-Infinity%2012

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 126
yea, about 2.5 cubic ft. r u good at building boxes?

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 285
Yes, internal volume, and have to take in consideration displacemnt, etc.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3623
alot of ppl are just lazy & build without separation but i prefer do it by the book & put separate chambers .....

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 130
does it sound better?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3838
I would venture to say if you put to a real test seperating the boxes will produce a better overall sound compared to not seperating them at all....I theorize this based on the waves produced by the subwoofer

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3625
well i've never bothered 2 actually test that separate theory cause every single good audio site i checked has advised that its better that each sub gets its own individual air vol (long explanation) .

An advantage of the separator is that it considerably stiffens up the box which reduces loss of energy due to box flexing .

Bottom line - it only costs u a extra piece of wood ,some screws & a lil glue .
What i actually do in my ride is make 2 individual boxes cause 1 large 1 is rather heavy & clunky to manage - but it all depends on your ride .....

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3839
another reason that has been stated on the forum before is that if you have a divider and one sub blows the one left isnt going to get damged by the sudden change while playing from the other sub blowing...ps...rovin you have a good point creating sperate boxes the way you do would create a lighter box if you wanted to move them ill keep that in mind also if you wanted to experiment with the box it would be easier also
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us