12 SoloX or Brahma 15

Bronze Member
Username: Dark_man53190

Post Number: 14
hey ya'll, i was wondering if i should either get a Brahma 15 inch, or SoloX 12 and i could get both for about the same price? what one would come out on top?

Silver Member
Username: Ford_on_20s

Jacksonville, Florida Us

Post Number: 168
get a brahma....theres no way i would ever own a solox

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
lol, what makes u so sure? are they crap?

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 290
Solo X's are not made for everyday driving, they are for SPL comps. They have no sq and require a massive amount of power to even start to move.

Silver Member

Jacksonville, Florida Us

Post Number: 170
well if you want all spl with no sq.....if you want to replace the cone with every comp you go to...and if you want to hassle spending all the money to get an amp to power it go ahead and get one lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
screw that, lol. hey, i just found an orion 2500D amp for 355 bucks.

Silver Member

Jacksonville, Florida Us

Post Number: 171
wow...thats a good amp...where did you find one at that price ?

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 291
thats a good price. What exactly are you looking for and how much money do you have to spend?

Silver Member

Jacksonville, Florida Us

Post Number: 172
since he was lookin at a solo x...im thinking he probably wants spl...but he might not have knew that much about it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
forget spl, i want more sq than anything, and maybe a little more spl. but to be heard and major sq is what im lookin for. forget solo x's, id rather have a W7 or brahma. and i found that amp at www.ikesound.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
lmao@crunch, sorry im lookin at this site, its hilarious

Silver Member

Jacksonville, Florida Us

Post Number: 175
what about a 15'' eclipse titanium or i think they have an 18'' too

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 292
Just so you know thats a refurbished amp. Also with getting an amp that powerful you will need to get a new alternator and battery for your car. Keep that in mind because you WILL need it.

If you want more SQ go with a 12 or 13.5W7 and a 1000 watt amp. Or you could go with 2 12W6s and a 1000 watt amp for a little more spl.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
is that refurbished amp trustworthy? it does have a 1 year warranty

Wouldnt a brahma 15 be good enough for sq though? i never truly heard one, i know kicker dont have sq for crap.

Silver Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 293
eh you never know about refurbished stuff.

yeah that would have good SQ and you wouldnt need a huge amp to run it with. Im not sure the RMS on them but just get as close as you can to it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
yeah currently i gotta 1600 rms @ 1 own amp right now, class D. that should work perfect for that sub. also, how are the jl W6v2? any good? since its hard to find a 13W7 for cheap, unless its on ebay.

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 289
Josh, there is a 15" brahma on ebay now... looks pretty good
what amp do you have?

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 308
I've bought off of Ike several times without problems, but a big problem arose when he sent me a coupon with my Punch 600@4 for free shipping on my next order. I planned to purchase a head unit so I wrote him and made him aware of the coupon and what I was planning to order; he basically called me a liar and asked me where I got the "coupon" from so I wrote him back and asked him if he wanted me to scan it for him. After that every email I got was short and snobbish so I don't know how much I'd trust him on return merchandise, it was bad enough that i bought my head unit elsewhere, I still have the coupon for free shipping sitting here actually. He has a huge eBay reputation if anyone's interested Scala1 is his screen name.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us