Kicker 400.1 amp

Username: Mushjake44

Shakopee, Minnesota United states

Post Number: 2
okay im getting 2 4 ohm kicker L5's for my car. if i get 2 kicker 400.1 amps and set them up to my subs as 2 ohms each would that be the best quality sound i can get out of them or should i go with a different amp or amps im open to suggestions....

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1737
what size L5's are you getting?

Post Number: 3
12's

Post Number: 4
my freind from that works on this stuff for a living said that it was my best bet but im just kinda lookin around at what other people think and all. he works on this stuff at circut city

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1741
i would go w/ 1 amp...it would prolly be less expensive and easier to hook up.

something like an orion 1200d, kicker kx1200.1, hifonics bx1500d, or something along those lines. (ps...the hifonics would be my budget amp choice...you can get them for ~$200 on ebay)

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1744
oh yea...

you can get a refurbished orion 1200d on ebay right now for ~$200 too...that would be a very nice amp.

Post Number: 5
but if i was to go tih 2 amps would that be the best bet 2 amps?

Post Number: 6
and also is it better to wire the amp up as 2 ohm instaid of 4 ohms to the subs?

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1749
2 kx400.1 would put out about 500w each @ 2ohms...so they would be a decent match for 2 L5 12's, but 1 amp (~1200w) would be less expensive and IMO power the subs better.

if you go w/ 2 kx400.1's and the 2 L512's (DVC 4ohm version)...wire each sub in parrallel to its respective amp. that was each amp will see a 2ohm load.

if you get one amp (ex: kicker kx1200.1) then wire both subs in parrallel-parrallel and hook them both up to the amp. that way the 1200.1 will see a 1ohm load.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1750
in either case in that last post i made....get the DVC 4ohm version of the L5's.

Post Number: 8
whats the difference between the solo baric and the dvc's? these are the ones i was planning on getting.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-p6CrTicLSzh/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?wm=fp&I=2065S12L54 &g=520

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1751
the ones in your link are the DVC 4ohm version...they are the ones you want in your case.

but you can get them in either dvc 2ohm or dvc 4ohm....which one you would get depends on the amp(s) you want.

Anonymous

testing ..........

Post Number: 9
im getting the 4 ohms but he said to wire the amp to the subs like a 2 ohm though....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us