Decisions, Decisions

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 1122
i have 2 decisions to make peeps...opinions plz...Especially expert opinions.

first decision:
4 10 inch Ti's with 750 watts each ported
or
2 12 inch MT's with 3000 watts each ported

second decisions:
1 15 inch Ti
or
1 15 inch SX
wich would u pick? out of both of em...dont matter preference, just pick what u would have

Silver Member
Username: Ford_on_20s

Jacksonville, Florida Us

Post Number: 143
2 mt's...that would be crazy

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1735
2 Mt12's w/ 6000w...umm, that would cost you out the @$$ to get a good enough charging system to run it.

i would w/ 4 10" Ti's. (even though thats still 3000wrms...it would still be ALOT less expencive to power.)

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 270
I think Marshall will agree with me on this one... Go with a single 15" SX and pick up the RE 12.1 to match it. If you build your box right (4-6ft^3 tuned 30-35hz) it will be louder than you can handle. 6000w or even 3000w for that matter is overkill, IMO, for a daily setup. You can get VERY loud with 1000w. This setup will save you money in subs, amps, wires, and most importantly charging equipment.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 773
^ i agree but instead of using the sx mabey use the ti, i heared that they get very loud also, and plus i think it would be cool seeing a sub that has like 2inchs of excursion.

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 271
for $240 shipped, you can't beat the SX. I don't know which would be louder though, probably very similar. as far as excursion, that does not determine your output or sq. but yea, it is cool :-)

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 779
ya the sx costs $240 shipped and the ti is over $300 so price can play a role also, but if you don't have a lot of room the ti might be better cause they require a small box.

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 331
That's a VERY good point, Dustin!!!!!!!

The TI is optimized for a small sealed enclosure... the SX is strictly for a ported one (or a really big sealed one).

Personally, space is the BIGGEST factor in decision making.

I vote the TI.
(keep in mind though, it ONLY comes in DVC 4ohm)

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 274
i vote just get a buncha RE REs

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 1124
lol yo baseball...i got a viddy of 12 8" RE's in an extended cab truck playin gold digger...shakin like a salt shaker lol

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 275
yea ive seen that... I think that's awesome. I was considering getting a buncha 10s.. but i didnt want to sacrifice that much space

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5017
Overall, I'd go for the Tis. 2 10 or 12 inch Tis, especially ported, would get ridiculously loud anyway. Unless you're a competitor you really wouldn't want more out of a system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us