An amplifier idea most of us never think about

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3805
Heres something I wrote in reply to another post here on ecoustics talking about why using a two channel amp (with seperate gains) or four channel (with seperate gains) for that matter could be used with a dual subwoofer setup (or more) and give you more flexabilty

this brings me back to an idea i shared on ecoustics before...if you had an amp like i do with seperate gains one for each channel you could use a fmod or seperate electronic crossovers to filter at different frequency ranges say one at sub range and another at midbass but this would require a bandpass filtering effect the way im thinking of it now....the advantage to approaching the setup the way im saying is that MOST amps are stable at a lower ohm in stereo than they are in mono so you have more wiring options that way if you need it plus you can use one amp to do what would have taken two amps to do normally

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1328
i dont know how you have time to think of this stuff along with all your computer stuff.lol how is that going btw?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3816
lets just say im still in the learning phase but im learning more and more every day...thanks for asking

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 638
Interesting thought Sean.

How is the separate gain(s) going to have an effect on the final result.

What if one will be higher than the other?

Is that going to be too much of a variable/headache or will it actually be to our benefit?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3820
well for one you wont have to buy a second amp to have more flexability with say a two subwoofer setup say one for the low end and one set up for midbass that way each channel putting out say 80 rms per channel can be devoted to sub frequencies and the other can be devoted to midbass frequencies ...i did however realize a gain is not a power nob its to set the line levels but designing a bandpass circuit for say the one channel driving the midbass driver for any range you choose while maintaining sound quality aspects...now think even further outside the box and think of possibilities for tri mod options as well because even though some amps dont claim tri mode ability you can set them up to do so

Gold Member

Post Number: 3821
tri mod should read tri mode

Gold Member

Post Number: 3822
the more i think about this concept and other ideas I havent shared the more i got into wanting to build my own custom amplifier

Gold Member

Post Number: 3823
got should read get
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us