Amp overhaulin'

Username: Beth

El paso, Texas

Post Number: 1
This isn't just amp swaps, but my rear speakers as well.

Right now I have Boston Pro50 components (2-125 watts RMS (250 watts peak power)) in my front doors (which i am very happy with), I would like to replace my rear speakers (which are currently some blown xplods), their amp, and then I have a pair of Kicker CompVR 05CVR104 subs that i haven't wired yet, because i need a better 2 channel for them.

So, what would be the best rear door speakers (4x5's), a amp to power both them and my boston pro50's, and what amp to power my kicker subs?

I'm thinking of going with kicker amplifiers, since i hear a lot of good about them and they aren't outrageously expensive.

(I'm not much of a pro at this, I just enjoy listening to such musical power in a small space, i mostly listen to rock so I'm not needing much of that deep sub sound).

btw - this is riding in a 2500 silverado. I've been told that I would be better off without nay rear speakers, but I once had those xplods working and it sounded great, until I asked too much from them and they crapped out.

El paso, Texas

Post Number: 2
oh, and is my alternator in trouble here? I'm driving a diesel...

do diesels even have alternators? I know she's got two batteries..

*is clueless*

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2814
i used to live in el paso, anyway once u hook up ur subs, it would cancel out ur rear fill speakers so dont worry about them. whats ur budget for an amp

El paso, Texas

Post Number: 3
amp budget - $500

thats quite a change, from el paso to alabama

sometimes the front speakers sound too.. "fresh".. i guess you could call it, i've tried tweaking everything nothing seems to fix it.

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 209
welcome to ecoustics beth

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 678
Every car has an alternator.
By fresh, do you mean bright? Too much highs? Or too raw sounding?
You could go with a set of Infinitys to put in the back. They should sound way better than some xplods. A Kicker amp matching whatever Infinitys you get would be fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us