What should my frequency be turned to on my 600.4 amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Bradgman

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 22
I have a 4ch kicker 600.4 amp with 2 kappa 6x9 speakers on 1 set of channels and the other set there is 2 4way 6.5" wired to one of the channels and the other channel has 2 tweeters on it. So 2 of my channels on the same side both have 2 speakers per channel. I think everything is a 2 ohm load because the kappas are 2ohm and then the other speakers are all 4 ohm and when they are together they are at a 2 ohm. What should the frequency be on, on the amp? Is it okay to have 4 speakers and 2 tweeters all pushed by the amp? It sounds fussy and disorted sometimes and I am wondering if it is the frequency or the wiring. I have both frequency settings turned about 25% up from the lowest. Should it go more or less? Please help.
Thanks
Brad

Username: Maxsq

Post Number: 4
What you need to do is to take and put the 2 6.5 that are on one channel and wire them in stereo. Then take the 2 tweeters and put a cap on them and wire them inline with the 6.5 and you shouldn't have any problems. Depends on the tweeter and if you are using them to raise your stage. If so then get a pair of 2.2 microfarad caps and you will be set.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us