This Setup Ok??

na300zx
Unregistered guest
This Power Acoustik amp: http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=powa3000db&store=&catid=7803

with 2
Kicker 04S12L74 12" Solo-Baric L74 Dual 4 Ohm Subwoofer

Another Question, What exactly is the difference between 4 ohm subs and 2 ohms subs, Which would be better for this setup?

Silver Member
Username: Racer501

ND USA

Post Number: 208
ppl around here dont really aprove of kickers square subs cause the square cause more stress points and there are alot better u can get for that kinda price im not sure off the top of my head cause i dont look at L7's that much for a price n i just about stoped lookin cause i found a sub taht fits my price range

Bronze Member
Username: Swishblank88

Vashon Island, WA USA

Post Number: 32
well it says it is 2300 rms but its power acoutik so it probably has like 1800 or something. I dont recommend the amp but it should power two of those without a problem. You should go with the 4 ohm model DVC and wire them in parallel to get a 1 ohm load on your amp and get the most from it. It doesnt say on etronics that its 1 ohm stable, but it says 1100/4 ohm, 1800/ 2 ohm and then it just says rms = 2300 so i assume its one ohm stable. get the 4 ohm DVC and wire in parallel.
to answer your question, the 2 ohm DVC's just have less resistance in the coil. If you were getting just one and wiring it to a mono amp I would suggest the 2 ohm model so you could wire it in parallel and get a 1 ohm load.

na300zx
Unregistered guest
Well what subs do you reccomend then, or rather what the majority recommends here, that have equal bass output??

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2471
nick ur being nice.lol 1800 rms, i would go lower then that. Power Acoustik in general are not a good company. L7's are great if u want an spl setup. I would go with a

Kicker kx 1200.1
Orion 1200d
or if ur on a budget Hifonics, audiobahn, and cadence

Bronze Member

Vashon Island, WA USA

Post Number: 38
yeah good call they probably rate it at 14.4 and add like 20%. I wish all companies had to comply to CEA 2006 standards.

na300zx
Unregistered guest
So nick, This amp would probbaly suit me much betetr than the power acoustik?
HiFonics BX2005D 2000 Watts Super D-Class Amplifier
http://www.etronics.com/listproducts.asp?order=stk_price_a&catid=7803&store=&Mak e=&Model=&type=&kit_id=&prod_type=&manaf=HiFonics&cid=1A70D08821414542911A247B23 6197B5&image1.x=1&image1.y=23

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3352
if u r asking him about that amp for 2 of these
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13944

then yea - thats a good budget/econo amp .........

Bronze Member

Vashon Island, WA USA

Post Number: 42
yeah. just remember it wont give you 2000 watts. Youl get probably about 1500-1700 Im not sure at all but thats the ball park. That amp is much better for the price range and it will power those speakers as well as any. remember to wire the voice coils in parallel AND the speakers together (in parallel) to get your 1 ohm load on the amp.

Na300zx
Unregistered guest
Ok guys, Im gonna buy the 2 L7's dual 4 oohm voice coil with the BX2005D, this sound like a good SPL setup?

Na300zx
Unregistered guest
BTW, im open for suggestions but i dont want to spend no more than 400 for an amp.

Na300zxc
Unregistered guest
So I would be much better off getting the Hifonics instead of Power Acoustik 3000 watt?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3376
if thats all your budget allows - then yep ......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us