$350 budget setup

Username: Xstokes88

Tacoma, Washington United states

Post Number: 7
so im lookin for subs that will be louder and have deeper bass than my current setup. i have 2 pioneer 12" 400wrms dvc's i was lookin at the memphis mojo but thats a little pricey for me im on about a 350$ budget and the mojo i was lookin at was $385 and i still need a box.. anybody kno where i can get one cheaper than that or anything else thats better than my current subs that still fits my budget?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4285
what amp do you have now?

Post Number: 8
i have a legacy 3000w mono amp.. i kno not tha best or even close but it was only $50 from my cousin...

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 227
15" re SX...i have no clue what that amp does but the SX is cheep and loud

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 1068
i agree wi th jake

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
so that one 15" should hit harder and have deeper bass than the subs i have right now? but i dont kno if a 15 would fit in my trunk

Username: Metalhead88

Ep, Nj Usa

Post Number: 1
look at some new subs on ebay (dont ever buy anything used on ebay) you could get urself a pair of kicker compvrs for about 100 bucks... they also have an all in 1 combo...300 watt tweeters..wireing...2 12'' kicker subs a 4 channel 1600 wat amp and an enclosed box...all for 300 bucks...a price u cant beat

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1934
the amp, tweeters and the enclosure they give u are crap. So take the other 200 and get better equipment

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1935
Also Xavier what kind of car do u have

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
i have a 1990 honda accord ex

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1937
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-KICKER-COMP-VR-CVR12-12-SUBS-LOADED-BASS-BOX-L- K_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38647QQitemZ8017247904QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-AUDIOBAHN-A8000T-INTAKE-MONO-AMPLIFIER_W0QQitemZ5832294 357QQcategoryZ64571QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Pretty good budget system

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 854
thats pretty good chauncey.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2995
agreed - hope the box performs as good as it looks though but 4 that price its a steal ........

Username: Scocho

New Hampshire

Post Number: 1
I'm in the same situation as far as budget, and I was considering getting either those Kicker subs or some JL W0's. My goal is sound quality, and I listen to mostly metal & rock, and some rap. I have a 2000 Accord coupe, and my amp is a Rockford Fosgate Punch 55.2. Would you recommend either of those subs? And would it better for me to go with 10"s? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1670
w0 for sq. no kickers for that purpose.
12's will go lower than the 10". if you have adequate power and space, go with the 12".
no, your sq won't suffer.

New Hampshire

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the response! I now really want to go with the JLs, and I saw this JL 12" PowerWedge for $250 (including shipping):
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14482

I thought I saw the same thing somewhere else for $310:
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2917

I thought that first one looked like a pretty good deal, but then I noticed it had an RMS range of 125W, and the second had 250W. Does this mean the first link only incudes one 12"? Any advice?

Bronze Member
Username: Malcantry

Post Number: 14
12's will give you a more deeper and longer bass sound that is slower to react.

if you listen to metal/rock more than anything i suggest 2 10's because they are more responsive and play with better sq for that genre.

Username: Metalhead88

Ep, Nj Usa

Post Number: 2
if u listen to metal defenatly go with the 10s...12s tend to get sloppy with the double bass and u get a deaper tone with the 12s witch really isnt nessasary for that kinda music....10s will be plenty loud enough and will sound better and they will also have more ''thump'' then the 12s

New Hampshire

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the advice, guys. I think due to the low RMS on my amp, I'll be going with 1 10", most likely an Elevation Audio Comp10, with a sealed box. Do you think this is a good choice?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us