RE SE15

Silver Member
Username: Ishkabobble55

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 117
will 2 15" SE's be loud or what, in the recommended ported enclosure? each powered by a MTX 6001

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 224
yea that would be a good setup, that mtx MXA6001 puts out >600w at 2ohms RMS. Be a good match. Yes they will be very loud. If you have room and want more SPL go ported. Sealed would still be loud and retain more SQ. I'm looking at doing 2 12" SE sealed.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1307
it should be quite loud yes. im going to do 4 15 SEs with 2 ed nine.1s . baseball. werent u getting rid of your avalanche because it was too loud? 2 12 inch SEs should be louder wouldnt you think? more power, more SA.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 694
i heared on other forums that the AA atlas has better sq and gets louder than the SE.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 3295
"""im going to do 4 15 SEs with 2 ed nine.1s"""

we don't have Escalades here so idk but will that fit ? - unless ur removing the whole backseat i'm guessing ......

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 699
isn't that what chauncey has and he fit 4 15inch L7's back there so im sure u could fit 4 15inch SE's just might be a little tight.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1309
yes it fits. ive drawn up the whole box. i even have room for 2 yellowtops and even some more room left of after that. not much though.

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 225
lol yea trevor it was too loud... I really want a sealed setup though just because I prefer the sound over ported. I'm scared 1 sealed won't be loud enough...

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1313
yes, too loud is definetly preferred over too quiet :-) lol

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 228
yea... I don't think a lot of people realize how loud a single 15 can be with the right setup. People come on here thinking they need 2-4 15" with 4000w to reach LOUD. Where most people would be overly satisfied with #s in the high 130s... haha, aren't you wanting 4 15" trevor?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1315
wanting? no im getting lol. i know it will be insanely loud. thats what i want. not to listen daily like that but to have the capabilities. if i want to i could run just 2 at a time. and then add in the other 2 subs and the 2nd amp when i want to show it off. its going to be fun :-)

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 298
would 2 10" SE's be decently loud for daily driving for someone who is looking for SQ>insanely loud

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 230
yes...

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 231
Trevor,what kinda box are you gonna put them in?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1316
i cant find my paper that i drew everything up on at the moment but i think each sub was getting its own chamber 3.85 cuft net. tuned to 28hz. the total port area is appx 170sqin for all 4 chambers. firing towards the roof (subs and ports)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us