Compustar Alarms.

Bronze Member
Username: Shutterleftopen

Columbus, Ohio United states

Post Number: 97
well i'm looking into buying an alarm within the next 2 weeks. i was looking into a Viper alarm. but i wanted something with 2 way remotes so when something happens to my car i'll know personally if i can't hear the alarm go off. compustar has the 2 way LCD Remotes. they're expensive. but they come with a lifetime warranty and everything. you can also upgrade any of the compustar alarms to get an LCD remote added. so that was a plus.

i was wondering.

i'm planning on also getting a new car sometime next summer. if i pay 300+ dollars on a really good alarm with a lifetime warranty. would it be possible to uninstall the alarm out of one car and get it intstalled into my new car when i get it?

Bronze Member
Username: Shutterleftopen

Columbus, Ohio United states

Post Number: 98
anyone with some info?

Unregistered guest
I just had a CompUstar Alarm installed on my 93 mustang 5.0. It is badd A**. It starts the car, has a remote paging system, unlocks the doors, unlocks the hatchback, plus it came with 2 remotes, one has the screen (blows smoke out the tailpipe as the car runs) and a regular remote control. I would defenitely give it 2 thumbs up! It was $500 installed. What a small price to pay for quality and goodies. I have a viper on my Lexus and it sucks.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 979
i would not trust transferring something like an alarm, although you could. that's like buying a used alarm. you don't know if anything's been damaged until it's too late. although, sure, it can be done. jmo though.

mine is also a wonder. make sure you have the installer clip the looped black wire on the siren to allow full volume (or do it yourself). and also, opt for the optional relay for the horn to sound along with the siren. makes a world of difference.
last, if you have a ford or comparable car where the module in the key interfaces with the computer/ignition, be sure to purchase the module that will enable you to keep your spare key. if that kind of thing is important.
and the newer compustar two-ways aren't nearly as slow/delyed as are the vipers. and the distance is greater (2x as great i believe).
compustar all day

Sade
Unregistered guest
Hey,

I have a compustar 1WFM4R remote in my 1998 Acura Integra and I can't figure the damn thing out. The lock and unlock buttons work and we have fooled around with it so much that there is now no sound or alarm working. I think we put it into passive mode but whenever we try to get it out of passive mode, nothing happens. I think we royally screwed it up...anyone know how to reprogram it? Thanks!

Username: Catalin

Surrey, BC Canada

Post Number: 7
Sade the alarm is in Valet mode.. Unfortunately with the one way Compustar/Nustart products there is no illumination of the remote to indicate that it's in valet mode.
Push the appropriate buttons and it will chirp twice to indicate that it's out of valet mode... that is unless you've figured it out already :-)

Username: Y_not

Calgary, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 1
I cannot get out of valet mode! I have a 2 way remote that dislplays the zzzzz. I have tried buttons 1+3 without any response. I have tried taking the battery out of the remote and turning the key on and off 5x in the car without any response. Any suggestions

Bronze Member

Surrey, BC Canada

Post Number: 39
Push both buttons at the same time for 1/2 second.

If that doesn't work still you can do it with the key by cycling it between accessiry and run five times quickly. Must be done within 7 seconds.

Unregistered guest
hey all i have a 2w900mhz compustar alarm but im missing the wiring diagram for it if anyone can help me out thatd be much appreciated. sucks having a $500 alarm but no wiring diargram to install it

Bronze Member

Surrey, BC Canada

Post Number: 44
Here you go.
http://www.staub.ca/tech/Manuals/Firstech/CM3000_install_manual.pdf
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us