When I hit the gas I hear a whine

Username: Steelcountry412

Post Number: 1
I'd really appreciate any help from anyone on this. I've had new speakers and an amp put in my car about a year and a half ago, all of a sudden out of nowhere I get this high pitch whine coming out of my tweeters. The weird part is that the pitch of the whine is related to the gas pedal somehow. The more gas I give the higher the pitch of the whine. I guess it might be something with the ground wire??? Anybody got any ideas??

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 302
this is a common problem you have the right idea w/ the ground wire you should start there first. then if that doesn't solve the problem you should check all of your other wires power cable and the rca's.

Post Number: 4
where should the ground wire be grounded, against any metal under the hood?

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 569
the amp should be grounded to any metal in the cab, not hood since amps shouldn't be mounted under the hood, perferbly (that doesn't look right, sp?) something that contacts the frame.

Post Number: 5
thanks, so there's a wire that comes out of the amp to the frame?

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 307
ya you should keep the wire short and bround it to the frame of the car usually you can just find a spot where the carpet ends or make a small tear and ground it on the same side as your amp in the trunk.

Post Number: 6
if this doesn't work, I found the wire that is connected to the frame and it's intact, what else could be the problem? Should I contact the place that installed it (best buy)?

Bronze Member
Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 45
If the power wire to the amp is next to the RCAs you'll tend to get that noise. Its alternator noise...

Post Number: 7
how would I fix it?

Bronze Member
Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 53
well if you got it installed at best buy they should.. but basically run the main power wire that runs the amp on the opposite side of all the other cables..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us