What does everyone think of sony xplods?

irocz28
Unregistered guest
I wanna get 4 10" sony xplods for my irocz28 to replace my rockford fosgate punch subs, they cannot handle ne power, i have 2 amps, one is a 200 watt, the other is a 350 i think

Bronze Member
Username: Vipersbyms

Post Number: 12
i would def. recommend not wasting your money on sony xplods. their SQ is horrible and they blow very easily. id wait a little bit save up some money and buy somethin else, unless u already have the money. some kicker comp vr's would be better and u can pick them up off ebay for $130 a pair + shipping, so about $150. you can find them on an online store too for not much more than the xplods n they will have much better SQ and higher SPL.though with those amps it might be better to go with some JL W0's which are 125 watts rms.

Bronze Member
Username: Illfaded

Post Number: 24
there not good.. my friend got them then he traded it for pioneer and i could tell the difference .. sony sucks... dont waste money on them..

irocz28
Unregistered guest
how about these? think they are any good? http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&u=c&catoid=-8871&qp=0313931363133& oid=71444&m=0
they are infinity 1000 watt subs

sure_13
Unregistered guest
Stop wasting your time, and just get some JL's, and most likely new amp or amps to go with them. Get at least W3v2's. They arent too much more than W0's, and they are much better all around.

Bronze Member
Username: Illfaded

Post Number: 25
infinity are preety good.. but if ur going to buy it from circuit city.. look around for cheaper prices.. or deals on the internet

Bronze Member
Username: Purplehase_bong

Bc Canada

Post Number: 18
the JBL GT 120 series is way better then the infinity 1000watt

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 439
irocz28 - infinity, much much better choice than sony crap

you dont have to go with JL subs if you're on a budget especially

there are much better buys for the money out there

i.e. adire audio, ED, DD, ID, MMats, RE, Destijl, kicker, cerwin vega, few others as well...

irocz28
Unregistered guest
its not the budget i jus dont wanna buy them over the internet....id rather go to a store and get em

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2018
regardless of where you buy the stuff, sony is still crapola, and you'd be better off with good equipment to base teh system on.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2019
regardless of where you buy the stuff, sony is still crapola, and you'd be better off with good equipment to base the system on.

Anonymous

SONY IS THE BOMB!

Sony Sucks
Unregistered guest
yeah! stink bomb! Sony sucks!!!!!

Bronze Member

Bc Canada

Post Number: 20
yeah sony is a bomb when they go kaboom in ur trunk.!

Sony Sucks
Unregistered guest
lol hell yeah

Silver Member
Username: Bdb_86

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 109
its funny i dont know much about the subs exept they are not the best but back in 93 they made some of the best CD decks you could buy that was before the exploid siries

irocz28
Unregistered guest
ya so what stores sell jl subs???

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2063
authorized JL Audio dealers.
not places like best buy or circuit city

Silver Member
Username: Bdb_86

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 110
go to www.jlaudio.com and search for dealer

Username: Ducati1331

Post Number: 1
dont bother with Sony...I like there TVs and DVD players but thats it....The subs blow easy...friend maxed them and they started making noises...bad choice to buy them

Pat L
Unregistered guest
I think Sonys are alright, there you could go worse and buy Audiobahn which are really bad. But if you had the chance and money to get JL's then do it. JL is the most respected Subs.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 449
no Pat, sony is absolute sh!t

heres an example....

one of my friends bought a pair of the pentagon 12" subs and he plugged em into a bp600.1 - they were in some ported box from BB and so anyways, he cranks it up to show them off, after "breaking them in" for a week and the entire cone seperated from the VC and it made this like EXTREMELY loud clapping sound and after about 5 seconds of this, the cone just shattered and the voice coil and spider just kind of flew out...omg it was one of the funniest things but there goes $200 for him lol

it was funny

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2082
really, I think I'd almost take audiobahn over sony, and God forgive me for even saying that, but sony's car audio line is just a nightmare.
I wouldn't personally spend money on either brand though.. I'd stick to a stock system first.
At least then I know it'd last for a while even if it didn't sound that great.

Bronze Member
Username: Ducati1331

Post Number: 19
lmfao Glass...yea i would go with that...or if you have to have Sony stuff in your car...buy a Sony 7"TV and a DVD player......

Bronze Member

Bc Canada

Post Number: 24
u can buy JL subs at A&B sound

LostPuma
Unregistered guest
Are JL subs better than Alpine Type-R's?

Anonymous

the only thing i like from sony is their ps2

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2204
Puma, depends on the JL line.
the type R subs would be louder than say, the W0 line, but once you get up to say, a W6v2, I'd go JL..
you pay for the difference though.
it's all relative

LostPuma
Unregistered guest
so what would you say the best subs to get are in the Type-R price range?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2235
depends where you're willing to buy
if I recall, a 12" type R retails for about $160
you can get an Eclipse Aluminum 12" for $170 or so on eBay, "new."

Bronze Member
Username: Robstbird

Post Number: 11
<^> sony...i like the ps2 and their head units but even those short out quick...NO GO WITH SONY P5's

crazy white boy
Unregistered guest
Sony can lick my scrotum while I take a dump on its chest. They should get all the sony crap and burn it in a bonfire

Username: Markd

UK

Post Number: 4
have to say, i've got the xm-d1000p5 amp, and its been fine running 2 jl w3's. only time will tell as far as reliability is concerned, its been about 3 months since i owned the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us