Brahma T/S contradict one another!!!!????!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 27
ok...i went to the adire site and the page for the brahma gave a table w/ its T/S info...but when i download the owners manual the table is totally different.....

site:
http://www.adireaudio.com/mobile_audio/drivers/brahma_series.htm

manual:
http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/BrahmaOwnersGuide.pdf

Whats up with that???which are the true T/S of the brahma???

Bronze Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 28
i'm about to buy one and i just wanna get everything right before i order it...lol

oh yea...i have anther question for anyone that has messed w/ a brahma before...

what kinda SPL will i most likley get out of a brahma 10 in a 1.2cu ft ported box tuned to 34hz??? I was guessing bout 125db+....does this sound right???

yea i now there is no way to know w/o getting it metered but what would be your estmate???

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2048
no idea without knowing the power it'll be getting, the kind of car and location of sub, etc.. yeah so I can't even phathom a guess.

as for the site vs manual, one is more recent than the other most likely, and pertains to an older model of the sub.
I'd just email Adire and ask them.
I've been using the manuals in PDF for the TS data

Bronze Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 30
yea..i thought the manual would be newer and i thought it would be right.

anyway..the brahma would be under the back seat of a chevy ext. cab truck....and it would get 600 watts rms

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 462
how much available space do you have for it? if you have roughly 3 cubic feet, i would say build a custom box tuned to 32-34 Hz - slot ported

Bronze Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 34
well... i have a real space issue here....lol

i wanna fabricate some kinda lift for my back seat and raise it about 2-3" so i will have room for the brahma's magnet under the seat...

the brahma would be firing toward the drivers seat and the port (4-5" diameter) would be on the passenger side toward the passenger seat..

i am guessing that the box will be about 1.4 cu ft after i subtract sub displacment and the port volume...

i'll take a pick of the box i have now, its kinda like what i'm gonna build only smaller.

(it has the crappy audiobahn 10's in it now...i hate them w/ a passion...dont even have em hooked up i hate em to much...)

Bronze Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 35
also adire suggests that boxes for a brahma 10 should be tuned to 35 hz....so thats what i'm gonna do..

what do you think about it???

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2099
should work well for the brahmas

Bronze Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 37
here is the box i have now...

the new one will be 2.5" taller, have the brahma 10 on the drivers side, and the port on the passenger side:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/584343

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2131
very slick..
now, here's a better trick..
cut a baffle board for the front of that box that you can cover, and have it flush mount that amp and the two chrome grilles pn the sides..
it'll look super smooth then.. and if people sit there, they won't catch their pant legs on the amp, or touch it when it gets warm.
plus it just looks nice when everything is flush.

Bronze Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 41
good idea for the amp glass.

i may just do that. oh yea...i'm ordering the brahma in a day or two, but it seems the most adire is on back order...i'll post some pics if i ever get it done...lol

and one more thing...i'm getting rid of the audioblah and i need a grill for the brahma...where can i find a good looking grill??

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2147
I've been asked that before and never found anything that isn't a normal waffle or mesh grille for generic sub sizes, but partsexpress.com and crutchfield both have the waffle grille, which are "boot-proof" and may be good in your truck
plus, they are easy to paint :-)
I used them in quite a few cars including my festiva, and a friend's civic.

the flush plate is simple to make.. you just cut a sheet of plywood, make a template and cut out the spots for the speakers and amp, then trim all the way around the plywood board with trim or thin wood so teh board is the right "depth" to make the amp flush.
then cover the board with head liner or automotive material, and slap it on.
presto, amp is flush and looks smooth and "built in"

Bronze Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 45
you would think w/ all the companies out there you could find a good grill for a sub like the brahma... :-(

i saw some billet ones, but for like $100 each...lol
may just get an unpainted kicker one...should look good w/ that.

Unregistered guest
very similar situation here. I have a quad dodge and have a pair of audiobahn 10s but mine downfire. I built a 3" lift and have them doing 135.1 on the old meter. shoot me an email and I can send some pics if you are interested in seeing the lift or the boxes that I build. Very stealth with them downfiring and you will never get close to the sub with your feet. I am upgrading with a pair of 12" brahma mk1's and am working on that box now.

plyhammer
Unregistered guest
I actually have another box sitting around if you are interested. It is downfiring for either 10" or 12"s. Has about .95 ^3 per sub.

Bronze Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 51
plyhammer...how did you go about lifting your seat???

do you have any pics???
i'm building my own box and i need to know how you did it.

thnx for any help you can give me...
i'm gonna email you too, incase you dont see the tread anytime soon.

Unregistered guest
No problem. I don't know if yours is the same as the dodge, but. It has 4 bolts holding down the rear seat. take them out. I then bought very strong grade bolts that were 4" long and 8 washers, 1 for top and 1 for bottom. I found steel "conduit?" pipe and cut that to about 3 1/2" and used that as a type of spacer. So you then get the seat up and go washer conduit washer with the bolt running down. Tighten it up and it looks a little weak but you can't move it. Don't go any higher or you won't be able to use the standard seat belts. I am only asking $100 shipped for the box that I have? It has black truck bed coating on it. Let me know. I will get you the pics when I get home tonight of the lift and/or box. Hope I helped.

Bronze Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 54
its not going to be a easy to lift my seat as it was for you....lol

my chevy has the backseat mounted to the wall of the truck (not the floor) w/ a pivot point and an L-shaped mount on the seat, its hard to explain...

i'll take a pic soon, i think i found a way to lift it but i'll just take the seat out an weld a new mound, not gonna be all that hard but harder than yours was...

oh yea....i saw that almost every site on the internet had the adire brahams on backorder and no one had any in stock.....but i lucked up and found a shop that has a few in stock, if any one else wants one i'll give you the ph# to hte shop if you want it. they even have a few MKI's too i think.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us