You lucky things..

Username: Timmygcsc2308

Post Number: 1
I was just reading through the messages on this board, about all the great bargains you can find on e-bay..so I thought I would have a look on e-bay.co.uk (since I'm a Londoner living in...London) and this is the pile of cr@p we have to put up with:
click here for sh1te two SPL subs with a power of 1000w IN A PLEXIGLASS BOX WITH NEON LIGHTS!!...woofudginhoo..
And then there are a few decent subs on there like here they are way more expensive than what you great chaps in the US of A would pay. That particular Kicker is £359.99 which equates to $616 dollars..pick one up on crutchfield and its $499. Bear in mind that that price on ebay UK is a bargain price..I did a quick google search and I couldn't find a UK site with this sub for sale.
So, my point is..if you like your car audio, don't think about moving to the UK. In fact, just about everything here is more expensive..fu(k VAT.

So anyway..what would be louder, 2 500w subs or 1 1000w sub?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 628
Actually, if you're just comparing power and # of subs, they would be equal. In real life, they probably wouldn't be totally equal.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 570
Buy my Avalanche on ebay Ill ship to the uk but you might have some expensive shipping charges. I doubt it would be more than a couple hundred for shipping and you would be the only one with a avalanche

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 210
its impossible to just take two numbers like that (2 500w subs or 1 1000w sub) and know which will be louder. For one, the size of each sub. The efficiency and build quility of each sub. The enclosure each sub is in. there are so many variables that determine how loud it will get

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 175
also the names......can't compare 2 pyrmaids or something with 500wrms each to one SX 1000wrms.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us