Kicker audio

Bronze Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 57
i wanna know about kicker subs...if i have a 2500.1 kicker amp powering them...how would 2 L7's be..im thinking kicker bc i can get it cheap..i know it doesnt compare to some..but i wanna know the positives and negatives..should i go with it or not..i know its mostlyn opinion..but i wanna see your opionion

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2657
Amps very good but their square subs suffer in sound quality but loud spl ........

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 569
kicker sounds like as%. Their woofers were designed for one purpose to deliver loud shitty bass

Anonymous

kicker has been one of the best selling subs for years. dont get the L5 or L7's...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
then what ...solo x??

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2661
well its square & prolly the worst SQ of them all ...

try their comp vrs series not extremely loud but good enough ...........

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 378
why not go with another company
you may be lucky and find there old circle solos there pretty good

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
what would be better...kicker mtx or infinity subs..on a 2500.1 kicker mono amp

i know they are not jl audio or anything..but i wanna know out of those 3 what would be best SQ

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 250
infinity by far have the best sq, but if you have 2500 watts to through out there your gonna need something that takes more than some inf. if i were you get in on this re audio group buy, pick up 2 sx's and ull be rolling

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1647
3 IDmax's would be perfect

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 252
yup yup idmax's would work perfect too
or 4 type r's lol
maybe even some lanzars huh chauncey lol j/k

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1649
if by lanzar u mean something else then yep.lol

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 184
If you want a link to the old round Solo 12's they're still being manufactured by a company called Credecne; they made Kickers subwoofers for a good long time. I have a newer comp VR (silver ribbed cone) in my Prelude and in all fairness it sounds good. I give the newer stuff a little harsher of a rap than I should but hey bottom line is the older equipment was better made and still avaliable. I got the CVR on a trade and it was a dual 2 ohm 12in, it fit the bill for what I needed at the time and I've been rather impressed with it. As for the square Kickers they're CRAP, I had a 15in L7 in a prefab 6 cubic foot enclosure. It just couldn't keep up, it sounded awful and wasnt as loud as the hype I had heard. To top it off I never over drove the sub but it started getting stress points in the dips on the cone, not a good sign. Stick with round subs if you can the square Kickers have there place but they're not in daily driven systems.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1684
u guys give the squares subs a lot of mess, i have been runnin my l7's for about 5 months no problems, just no sq. I wanted to be loud, since i listen to a lot of rap music it keeps up just fine, but then again sub could sound loud with rap music.lol. All im sayin is that most people go by what people say on here and they think its law. U can put whatever u want in your car just make sure thats what u want, i want loud, really dont care that much about sq so i went kicker. Also there sx amps are some of the better amps u can buy. There sq oriented, but still give u raw power.

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 186
True Chauncey, Kicker built the square solos to do 1 thing, get loud. They're awesome when you want to build a wall of subs and have every bit of it filled with cone area. I had the black style L7 and i noticed Kicker changed the cone to the grey style on the L7's and made it thicker. I just couldn't believe how that sub sounded, don't get me wrong it got loud but it just wasnt for me it's transient response was non existant. If you want the bragging rights of having one loud Mofo of a system then the square solo's aren't a bad way to go, I just don't recommend them for people that listen to them daily becuase they're capable of very loud volumes without much SQ, something that's not good for the ears.

Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 2
I seriously considered getting the 05 Kicker L5s and running them off a kx1200.1 because I was limited to space and wanted the most spl I could get in a sealed .92ft box. But I ditched my old box plan and am going to make a false seat now, so more choices for subs ;). Now I'm just going to find the best sql I can get. I'd still like to get around the same spl as the kickers. I'm not sure how good the new kickers are compared to the old because I havn't been around car audio for too long. I noticed the newer kickers have more bracing on the cones and are sprayed with aluminum so they are more rigid but it does mean the drivers are any better :-(. I've heard the new compvrs and they sounded good for the money.

Username: Blazinbabyboy29

Topeka, Kansas United States

Post Number: 1
I have 4 KICKER L7 12'S BUILT INTO A SPL WALL EXCUSING WHERE THE BACK SEAT WAS, 2 KX1200.1 AMPS, OPTIMA YELLOW TOP BATTERY, 1.2 FARAD CAP, REBUILT ALTERNATOR, STINGER WIRES, STREET WIRES FUSE BLOCK, ALPINE HEAD UNIT, KICKER 3 1/2'S IN THE DASH, AND KICKER 6/9'S BUILT INTO THE SIDES OF THE "WALL", I was wondering what you all though about this and what my specified SPL should POSSIBLY BE, i used to have 2 15" L7's running off of a KX2500.1, but as i was at a party, the car got F'd up along with the subs and amp, i was hitting low 150's with that set up, im sure the new set up will come close, but will it surpass my old set up?

Post Number: 2
I honestly havent been too impressed with the new CompVR's, 3 of my buddies just had to send them off to kicker due to WEAK voicecoils and also voicecoil sepparation. The L5's arent necessarily a BAD sub, i have heard 2 L5 12's in a slot ported box and they come CLOSE to the L7's, but for the SPL you should go with the L7 instead, the L5's would be sufficient if thats all you could afford, i have 4 L7 12's and i wouldnt trade them for anything in the world. I wont sit here and try to act as a car audio professional cuz that I am not, but soon hope to be, i have always liked car audio but just in the past 3 years gotten BIG into it, as soon as i am out of H/S i plan to go to Oklahoma City to Acoustics Edge, and study to be MECP certified, hope to possibly see some of you guyz there.

Post Number: 3
?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us