Faceplates keep dying...... Please help.

Username: Omesk

Post Number: 1
I had an AIWA CDC-MP3 in my car since I bought it a few months back. All of a sudden, 2 days ago, the faceplate stopped working. I could tell it was just the detachable face because it would still let me pop CD's in and out. So I thought I might as well get a new head unit. So I went to best buy yesterday and had them put in a new unit. After driving around for a few hours, that faceplate died too!

So I started thinking of anything that could have been associated with this problem. I have a '94 Del Sol. I remembered that the day that the first face died, I had hit a bump and since then, the light for behind the A/C controls started to flicker (it hadn't ever worked before then). That light turns on with the headlights. And then when the face died yesterday, I noticed that it had died soon after dark when I turned on my headlights. Could this be associated? Is there anything I can do to repair the faceplates? I am gonna go back to best buy and have them replace the unit, but I want to know what is going on so I dont blow another faceplate. Any advice will be appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2231
It sounds like the ignition (red) wire is loose.

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the reply Jexx.

Can you direct me as to where I can find the loose ignition wire? Behind the radio or A/C controls or somewhere else? I plan to pull out both to check.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2233
Upload

It's in the stereo harness.

The stereo seems to be getting power still (from the battery constant) but not power from the ignition wire, so it cannot turn on completely.

Post Number: 3
Oh so you're saying that the faceplate should still be functional just the wire is loose. That is good news. I will remove the system tomorrow and check it out. The illustration was helpful. Thanks Jexx.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us