Passat uses dynaudio stock??!! woot!

Silver Member
Username: Hellbender

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 195
looky what I got a link too! dynaudio comes stock! and subaru uses mcintosh!

http://www.vw.com/passat/features_int.html

http://www.drive.subaru.com/01_04_Winter/SoundVision.asp

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 224
10 speakers is a bit excessive, especially when its only 600watts total. However, its still quality. Surprising to!!!

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 225
I wonder if that 600watts is peak power, i wouldnt be surprised if it is. They always advertise peak to make it look better.

Cant blame them though, your average joe thinks its a true 600watts so why change effective advertising.

Bronze Member
Username: Ologyaudio

Columbus, Oh USA

Post Number: 13
I wonder if it sounds OK or if its another one of *those* stock systems :P

What is it 4x 3 ways + subwoofer?

Need4Bass
Unregistered guest
"Stock System" ??? The Rockford Fosgate System in my Titan sounds like, well sort of, almost...okay it sounds like crap! That's why I yanked it.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4886
Don't get too excited. The Passat system isn't what you would get from Dynaudio as an aftermarket manufacturer, it's as cheap as it gets. Same goes for pretty much any stock system, including the "highly regarded" Mark Levinson Lexus systems. It'll satisfy a mommy or an entry level enthusiast, but these systems still push volume over quality, as you'll notice with the 10+ speakers in the car. Sometimes I wonder if any of these engineers ever took an acoustics class, but audio is an afterthought for a car manufacturer, regardless of what they tell you.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 670
its too bad because the premium packages can get pretty expensive in many cars. The only stock system that i really cared for was the premium system in the chrysler 300 hemi...i also wasn't a fan of the mark levinson in the lexus sc430...they could do much better for the money.

Silver Member
Username: Hellbender

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 196
The premium packages can be a pain too. Every time i look at a new car and select the premium climate options or the navigator they try to sadle you with those expensiv ecrappy premium sound systems too. blah!

Username: Bilkoz

Washington S...

Post Number: 1
Seems like they put some effort into the sound system, but I will not comment on how it may sound(good or bad) until I actually hear it for myself.

http://www.dynaudio.de/eng/auto/passat.php?sid=43694612b5420

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4962
The one thing I have heard about the Passat is that the car is very easy to get sounding good. They did pay attention to the speaker locations and did a great job there. The car is also natural for good SQ, nice flat dash, rather low center console, not a lot of weird shapes and curves in the dash. The drivers aren't what Dynaudio would give you had you bought their mobile lineup, though. Of course, that's a given. I like the new Passat, though, very nice car. Not like you couldn't buy Dynaudios true mobile reference speakers, pop them in place, and get even better sound quality. This system is still the one that people will use as a reference. It beats the living crap out of the Bose systems that so many automakers try to shove down your throat.

Dynaudio Nut
Unregistered guest
Just so you guys know this system uses plastic speaker baskets compared to the metal claw syle ones they are know for. I'll keep my System 360 anyday over this one.

Dynaudio Nut
Unregistered guest
Just so you guys know this system uses plastic speaker baskets compared to the metal claw syle ones they are known for. I'll keep my System 360 anyday over this one.

Username: Caldera

Post Number: 3
A most enllightening discussion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us