Swap front and back speakers??

Bronze Member
Username: 225

H-Town, PA USA

Post Number: 15
Current setup:

crap speakers up front (left speaker working and right speaker blown)
infinity kappa perfect 60i (rear)
pioneer deh-p6600 head unit
kicker punch 200a4 for front and rear

getting kicker kx400.1 and
alpine type r 12" in the mail pretty soon

so i hear that when you have a powerful sub it sometimes drowns out the rear speakers.

so my question is should i buy some infinity reference 6002i speakers to replace my front speakers i have now?

or...

should i buy the infinity's references and swap them with my kappas, so the references would be in back and the kappas up front?

or...

should i just not buy any front speakers at all and just put the kappas up front? (since i hear the sub might drown out the rears)

Bronze Member

H-Town, PA USA

Post Number: 16
anyones input would be appreciated. :-)

Username: Case18204

Post Number: 10
I'M NOT SURE... BUT I'VE HEARD ALOT OF PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT HAVING A STRONG FRONT STAGE FOR IMAGING. I BET YOU COULD GET BY WITH YOUR KAPPAS IN THE FRONT AND THEN PUT SOMETHING CHEAPER IN THE REAR JUST FOR FILL. YOU MIGHT NOT HEAR THE REAR SPEAKERS ENOUGH TO JUSTIFY BUYING EXPENSIVE SPEAKERS FOR BACK THERE. BUT I'M NOT SURE SO DON'T GET PISSED IF I'M WRONG, BUT IT MIGHT BE WORTH A SHOT.

Bronze Member

H-Town, PA USA

Post Number: 17
Yeah i heard the same thing about sound imaging.

anymore suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 245
establish a good front stage and just find an ok brand to fill the back and you should be good. although it depends if you are gonna be hauling people around alot and you want them to hear really good sq in the back as well, but i think a good front stage will do you well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us