System quality and spl???just bought and am very curious

Anonymous

ive seen alot of posts by Glasswolf and saw that he seems to be a veteran of car audio and due to his posts i purchased a JBL 1200.1 amp, 3 adire audio shiva 12"subwoofers and an Alpine 9813 head unit.. i got a custom box made to house the subs in my 01' reg cab f150 (my dad gave me one of his work trucks..) each chamber has almost a cubic foot in em i think. what am i gonna experiance good and loud or will i be dissapointed, as you can see im impatient to find out on my own...all purchased on the internet so i have to wait on delivery.
thanks to all who reply im anxious

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2185
should work well.
good equipment if the alternator can keep up with that amplifier.
not sure what you're using for mids/highs, but the rest of the system sounds great.

Anonymous

awesome, but just found out the 9813 deck was on backorder so i got a more pricey deck 9831 not sure if its as good tho...

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2207
almost the same deck
new model year

Robert j
Unregistered guest
glass wolf right now i have a ALPINE CDA7998 deck, and a alpine amp MRVF340 which is a 4ch
400rms amp. my question is with that deck it has a built in equalizer, would it do me any good to get a external eqaulizer for better quality or is that about as good as i'm going to get. and if it would do me any good please tell me witch one to get and where. I'm asking because i'm turning a 03 hatch back focus into a audio car for compitions, right now i'm going to wyotech for upholstery, and when i'm done i'm going to customize that car. I'm going to angle the speakers and place them in the best posibal places. This is what you would like to do i bet, but yes it is a coastly hobby like you have said.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2234
for competitions, you'll want 1/3 octave 30-band EQs.
one per channel
this is what you want, and they run about $239 each, street price:

http://www.audiocontrol.com/MobileAudio/Products/Equalizers/EQT.html

you can search on-line for pricing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us