2 MTX Thunder 8000 with 2 amps??

Silver Member
Username: Shutterleftopen

Columbus, Ohio United states

Post Number: 107
i have 2 MTX Thunder 8000 subs. i just got a new amp. my old amp was a cheap cyclone 1000w max amp. it's 90w rms x 2 channels. my other amp is a rockford fosgate 200w rms amp. i was wondering since the MTX's are 400w rms a piece if i could bridge the subs to each amp. so one amp would power one sub and the other would power the other sub. i wasn't sure since one is 200w rms and the other is 180w rms. would that still be okay though since the subs are the same??

thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 192
don't mess around with that stuff you got there. You can't power a 400wrms sub with only 180/200wrms without asking for trouble. Best thing to do is sell both amps and but one nice amp to power both of them. If you are strictly on a budget, you can get an audiobahn A8000T that will give each sub the 400wrms for real cheap on ebay. If your not on a budget, go with kicker, higher up RF, MTX or any other good amps around your budget.

Silver Member
Username: Shutterleftopen

Columbus, Ohio United states

Post Number: 108
thanks. how could underpowering a sub hurt it? i didn't think it could. if that was the case then you could only have your volume at a certain one since you'd go under watts sometimes.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2771
www.bcae1.com

read no. 56 & no. 29 ..........

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 196
great job superfly lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »