What am I missing?

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 767
I have 12" RE re's in my car in a sealed box powered with 250rms to each. I work at circuit city and so I listen to the CVR's all day and they sound damn good. In a ported box they are loud, musical, accurate, and punchy. I don't know how they would sound in a car like mine head to head against RE's but what is the difference?

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 711
Sealed would sound acoustically better, being that it gives a deeper sound and has greater power handling. Ported won't be as deep sounding and has less power handling.

Personally, I choose to forgo the 3dB of SPL and keep my SQ.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 202
RE re's have a little more than half of the power than the crvs, so they will sound louder, but the RE's will be more accurate and musical in a good box.

The CVRs are nice subs though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 768
but still, the CVR's sound really really good in that custom kicker box. I really don't know the SQ difference. In a big room in the store you can feel it in your chest. That is pretty amazing and punchy. When I put it in my car that will be the real test of how good it sounds. Maybe my RE's are 10x better. I am gonna pick up that kicker custom box with 2 12" CVR's in it and play around with it. I can get the whole deal for about 150-200 bucks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 203
will not sound louder*** my bad

Silver Member

Post Number: 769
Could it be the box?!?! What type of box would get the most out of those subs? I am running a "prefab" box but was hand built by guys at local audio shop. Perfect condition 3/4" MDF etc. It has 1.25 cubic feet per chamber. That SHOULD be just fine... Of course a little air leaks from the subs just a little but I am sending them back to take care of it. And the back window is rattling against the rear upper tail light.

Silver Member

Post Number: 204
Thats a good price. Car audios all about what you think personally(well SQ at least), so if you like how the CVRs sound get them.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4217
chris you need to test them in your car and not go by the soundroom sound. They are meant to sound very good in a sound room to sell them. I like the cvr's I think they are nice entry level subs but you need to demo them if you could.

Silver Member

Post Number: 774
ya, I might stop buy and throw them in my car tomorrow. I wonder if the audio shop will let me o0.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us