Kicker Square Subs

Bronze Member
Username: Maddrakkett

Post Number: 30
Kicker says their SoloX square subs are winning both SPL and SQ competitions such as the 2004 USACi World Championship Super Mod 1001-5000 for SPL in the soundoff lanes AND world titles in sound-quality championships.

Now their engineering shows the square design to provide more surface area than a round sub, thus the extra SPL. But wouldn't the square shape have an adverse effect, or at least inferior sound wave compared to a round surface?

I know the soundwave projects horizontally from the cone, but is there anything to the smoothness or musicality of the soundwave projected from a round cone vs square? Of course a round waveform is musical compared to a square distortion waveform, but I'm not refering to that.

From what owners are saying, they find the Kicker sqare subs to be SPL and NOT SQ, yet Kicker and USACi, etc. seems to find SQ in those subs...

Kicker will obviously find that but is USACi and others being honest or are they persuaded by other "factors"? Or am I wrong about a round sub having better SQ by design?

Bronze Member
Username: Maddrakkett

Post Number: 31
Also, is there any amp, sub and speaker company that consistently wins the best of the best competitons and is it an unbiased, honest win?

In other words, who makes the best SPL, who makes the best SQ and who makes the best SQL products based on consistent wins?

If such a theory exists and holds true, has anyone built a system thsat uses the best (judged so by consistent wins) SQ up front and best SQL or even SPL sub system?

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 190
thanks?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1333
maybe DD makes the best spl, i think the world record is like 180db's, not sure what they where usein

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2423
"lowly" Pioneer Premier 12" 5000SPL subs are holding the world's SPL records with about 12 or so of their subs - its on their website .....

HA HA - bet most of u all didn't know that .....

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 426
Oh I knew that! lol

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1352
u learn somthin new ever day
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums