Cerwin vega amps?

Bronze Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 57
does any one know anthing about cerwin vega amps other than the spec? is the xl better, or the EXL. i like the EXL better as far as the design of the shell. i figured i would get this brand because that is the speakers (great speakers and subs) i have so they were basically made for them. what do you think?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2125
Never seen anybody post ANYTHING about their amps - i suppose u can try it & let us all know ...lol

The EXL looks better , i agree & is rated more powerful too for just about $60 more . U could always "use" a lil more power -lol....Upload

Bronze Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 58
i think i will get it. The EXL200.2, but anser me this, i was thinking of running 2 speakers parralell in to each channel, in other words, both my door speakers in one channel and my 6x9s in the other. would this work? i dont see why not. all the speakers are 4ohm so running them parralel would drop each channel to 2 ohms. giving my 100W RMS (50w rms per speaker) per channel. i think it would work but i dont know for sure. obviously i lose quality by droping ohms but ive heard most people cant tell the difference anyway. what do you think?

another thing i like about the amp is that it is small, 9.5in wide x 10in long x 2.5in High... thats pretty little

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2127
I thought u were talking about 4 chan model !

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductList.aspx?CategoryID=3&Manufactur erID=619

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductList.aspx?CategoryID=2&Manufactur erID=619

i asked a similiar ? like what u are now asking me -

Glass answered me then : when running 4 speakers get a 4 channel , 2 chan amp will do it but u would lose the Stereo Sound separation (which would be a drag) . So i'd pick the 4 chan model instead & as u can see - its only $20 more ........

Bronze Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 59
yea but that is like double th power i need
i dont know if i wanna risk blowing my speakers

http://www.bsless.com/xl300-4.html

i could get this one i guess but then again its back to XL vs. EXL

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2130
yea - that would suit u then

guess u can't have the power & looks @ the same time -lol

the EXL is better looking obviously but that 1 is by no means ugly .

so u have CV subs & speakers too so thats y u going all out with their amps ? - what amp u pick for those CV? subs ??????

Bronze Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 61
i think i will just get that one, its okay looking, but i like the ribs and the red CV on the EXL. oh well. i like the way both amps mount thou... inconspicous

actually i just have the CV vmag502 door speakers and like sony 6x9's

i have two of the vmx12.4 (v-max 4ohm DVC)

i know youll probly give my crap but i have a bx1200D brutis hifonics amp on them wired to 1ohm (the main reason i bought it)

honestly i cant complain about the amp. it runs them Hard! if the amp werent overrated, like most people say it is, it would be a perfect match. but i like to think of it as i can turn it up as loud as i want if it is overratted.

plus i just dont feel like getting another amp.

i have an amp on my 6x9s so it drowns out the door speakers. thats why im gonna get this amp; to run equal power

my car is a 89 honda accord LXI and its in incredible shape considering its only 2 year younger then me. rattles like crazy though, i think i will get a fatmat trunk kit with the money i save by getting the XL insted of the EXL. dynamat cost like twice as much

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2147
thats cool with the Hifonics amps - hey if we had $ we'd get a full JL set-up & 4get the rest ....

Bronze Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 62
yea, the only thing i dont like about JL is there is a little ringing sound, i have heard it on every single one ive heard. even the W7. im i crazy or does anyone else hear it too? of course you cant hear it over loud tweeters and through the seats if its in the trunk but it is still there.

i donno, im becoming a pretty big cerwin vega fan. i would love to have a stroker or stroker pro.

i wish could win the lottery

Bronze Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 63
yea, the only thing i dont like about JL is there is a little ringing sound, i have heard it on every single one ive heard. even the W7. im i crazy or does anyone else hear it too? of course you cant hear it over loud tweeters and through the seats if its in the trunk but it is still there.

i donno, im becoming a pretty big cerwin vega fan. i would love to have a stroker or stroker pro.

i wish could win the lottery
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us