Orion 2500d . Plz help with wiring.

Bronze Member
Username: Sinx85

Post Number: 92
hey guys i will be running my 2 re sx with orion 2500d. Can any one please tell me how to wire them to get the best results
my subs are 2ohms so i guess the max i can get is 1700 rms

this is the picture of what i did ,
is this the only way to wire this? or can i use + from left and negative from right . will this give more power? or should i use + and - for both subs from one hook?

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 930
thats right, some mono amps have 2 + and 2 - to make it easier to wire subs, also if your subs are 2ohm u can wire them to a 1 ohm load

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4985
Hold on, are your subs 2ohms DVC or SVC? Depending on the VCs, you could blow the amp. Orion 2500D is I believe, 1ohm stable. So make sure it doesn't fall below that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
hey budy , the my subs are re sx 10" 2 ohms. Not sure dvc or svc :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 4989
You will need to find out. Don't guess. Last thing you want to do is blow the amp.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2480
The SX series naturally comes in Dual 2 ohm

Gold Member

Post Number: 4992
Then depending on your VC wiring, it can be 2ohms total or .5ohms. If it's the 2nd one, then the amp will overload.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
hey bro how do i find out

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4014
How many sets of tinsel leads does it have? Just look at the thing, it's easy to tell physically.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1472
Sx's only come in DVC...and unless you special ordered them, they are DVC 2ohm.

wire them in series parrallel...this will give you a 2ohm load.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 573
Yea make sure you've got both VCs hooked up too! I'm pretty sure you can damage your sub if only one is getting power.
Also, make sure you have 2 power wires and 2 grounds going to that. That's how it works.

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
hey guys, i think something happend to my amp i tried running old subwoofers with it just to make sure if the problem was with the re sx or something else. But the old subwoofers are also making the same noice "tuck tuck tuck" no sound is comming. My amp was working fine with the old subs before i tried the re sx.

can any one please tell me what might have happend, and what should i do now

thankyou

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
guys can any one please help me with the above problem, Another thing i noticed is this amp keeps burning the power wire fuse. First i though it was my wiring or something, getting short some where, but then i tried it in my cousins car and same thing happend. His amp was working fine and when i put my amp, his fuse was burnt

Silver Member

New Jersey US

Post Number: 577
You might have wired it wrong to your SX and blew the amp. If you think you wired everything correctly and you didn't make any mistakes, maybe you need to go get the amp tested. Also, are you running the 2 powers and 2 ground like I said?

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
hey bro, nop only one power and one ground :-(
i only have one power comming from batt, so can i just split that into 2 and hook it in 2 12v connection and do same with the ground. i was running this with one ground and one power before so it should still work without hooking them in 2

This is how i wired the subs.
well first i was running 3 infinity kappas on it before i got re sx. infinities were SVC so all i did was connect amp + to sub + and amp - to sub -. The amp was working fine with the above wiring. Now for re sx. i did exactly the same thing. i connected pos to pos and neg to neg. Only used one svc and it didnt work, So after that i wired to both ports used *(dvc).
and it still didnt work. Can this messup the amp ?
what should i do now :-(

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
hey guys i took it to a shop and this guy said that my output (where i put the speaker wires) is blown, amp turns on and the power thing is working fine. He said he can get it repaired for about $100 to $130. Is their any way that i can fix this my self ?
any one please help me out.
i still dont know what caused this problem :-( all i did was tested re sx.

thankyou

Silver Member

New Jersey US

Post Number: 579
Straight from the manual:
The Orion 2500d has two seperate four gauge power and ground inputs. Both pairs must use 4 AWG power wire for proper operation. Failure to do this may damage the amplifier and is not covered under warranty.

So basically you either damaged it with that or when you wired your sub, you wired it to too low of a resistance.

You probably need a good amount of electrical knowledge to fix whatever's broken. You have to figure out what's broken first.

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
hey bro thankx for your reply, i gave the amp to this audio shop, they said their tec guy will take a look at it on monday and hopefully will fix it. Cost will be around $100. He said amp is turning on fine but the output resistor or something is not working. Its causing ticking noice in subwoofers intead of sound.

i think you are right, i wired the subs to a very low resistance.

if i wired the subs like

+ from amp to subs + and - from amp to subs - . Only used svc didnt wire to dvc.
this is what did with both of my subs
what resistance is this ?

how else should i have wired them ?

thankyou

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 166
Tjat should've worked if they're both DVC 2 ohm subs. I means that you wired one voice coil one each sub to the amp and should bring it down to 1ohm. If you wired both voice coils on both subs up to the amp in parallel like you said then you wired it to .5ohm; thus frying your amp. Next time try only hooking up one SX - and hook one voice coil up to each terminal on the amp. Keep the gain fairly low. DO NOT TURN IT WAY UP OR YOU WILL BLOW YOUR SUB GIVING IT 2500W. Only turn it up enough to test it. The most you can get out of that amp to both subs is 850wrms per sub (that is if the amp puts out 1700wrms at 2ohm). You shoulda got the 4ohm DVC SX's...

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 167
Or while the amp's in the shop pay them to mod it down to .5 ohm..... hehehe.

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
hey bro thankx for repling. First time i only hooked one voice coil on each sub, so it was total of 1 ohm for both subs and i remember the gains were all the way down :-( Still this shyt happend. Also the place where i bought this from , they said its can go down to .5 ohm for daily use and it should work fine.
the thing i dont get it is that i spend so much $$s this amp and it should go bad just cuz a wire was hooked up wrong for a sec. i remember running my old kenwood amp. i tried all kind of shyt with it and it still runs fine :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us