Pioneer deh-p9600mp or Alpine cda-9855r

Username: Jr_romeo11

LondonUK

Post Number: 1
Hi,
I'm deciding if I shud buy the alpine CDA-9855R or Pioneer DEH-P9600MP both are top of the range. What would you guys recommend? I also have two kicker subs connected. Thanx

Bronze Member
Username: Madeupname

Post Number: 93
i have the 9855, but there were many steps i had to go through to get my subs working. you have to go through the menu and turn a bunch of stuff on/ set different settings. it was a pain in the @ss at first but once i got it working it sounded amazing. the only problem is that it comes with a dc/dc box that you have to hide somewhere. but it is really an amazing headunit. the time correction is quite amazing. it makes it sound close to perfect. you just need to make sure your measurements are correct.

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 304
whats the dc/dc box ?
is it if someone steals it wont work without the dc/dc box ?

Bronze Member
Username: Madeupname

Post Number: 94
no the dc/dc box is attaced by a wire directly to the hu. the only way to steal it would to be to cut the wire, i really have no idea waht the box is used for, but it seeems to be important if they needed to have it externaly. al i know about it is that it says dc/dc converter. no idea what it could be used for, i just wasnt trying to screw anything up by taking it off. if anyone would have the answer to what this box is for it would be greatly appreciated because i am still trying to ifgure out what it could be for. maybe something so it puts out a constant 4v for the pre-outs. who knows.

Silver Member

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 319
oh my bad i meant if someone tried to steal the HU and they ddint take the dc/dc box would that make the HU just not work anymore?
the pioneer touch screen gps i froget which model i think most of them do but it has 6 of these boxes and unless you have all 3 for the specific HU it wont work

Silver Member

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 320
oh my bad i meant if someone tried to steal the HU and they ddint take the dc/dc box would that make the HU just not work anymore?
the pioneer touch screen gps i froget which model i think most of them do but it has 6 of these boxes and unless you have all 6 for the specific HU it wont work

LondonUK

Post Number: 2
Hi Joe thnx for the help.
Has any one actually listended to both alpine CDA-9855R and Pioneer DEH-P9600MP or 8600, which has the better sound quality?
Thnx

Post Number: 4
ok thank you guys, but can anyone tell me which is better then the other and why (alpine or the pioneer)?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us