Check out my new project

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 192
for now im gonna put my old system in this until i save up again.

but what do you guys think is it worthy. lol
im thinkin either 2 tens or one twelve. its gonna be hard though cuz its kinda open air so will see. will be posting pics
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: A444w444m

Post Number: 45
you could put the box on the back seat and bolt it down, but it would be pretty easy to steal, except i dont really know that much about golfcart subs, because i dont no how theyre wired, and iv never seen a golfcart w/ a radio (i do no they make em tho)

Bronze Member
Username: Eprussian07

Post Number: 76
It is very possible to do. I know our senior class for this year made a golfcart with 2 6X9's in it. It sounds pretty good ! ! But there is more to it, since its jacked up on 33" tires and has the fake wal-mart spinners. It was custom made by one of the guys and his dad from our class. Its a lot of fun though, great for tailgaitign at football games.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 760
hopefully you don't have very far to go with it...

Silver Member

Post Number: 194
im thinking about putting this 12" re se on it from ebay. but i know theres no way im gonna get it that cheap 80 bucks isn't gonna hold up, how much is a se anyway shipped from re

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 472
I would chose a driver with extreme high QTS. Drivers with high QTS are great for infinite baffles, or open air.

Silver Member

Post Number: 198
yeah thats what ive been thinking, but my friend at soundunlimited told me he can make me this tight see though box, so i gotta get some pretty looking subs,
im thinking about one alpine type r 15

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 164
put some spinners on those rims to. i bet it will lood tight

Bronze Member
Username: Johntheguy

Post Number: 32
you probably need to add a battery or 2

Anonymous

put the radio in the dash of the cart.. then build yourself a custom roof.. make a thin box and you can make it the size of the roof for cubic feet..

put your amps up there too.. drill some holes in your support braces and run the wires through that

(you can do the whole ceiling in fiberglass.. just draw the rectangle like a jigsaw puzzle and go up)

(you could also make custom overlays for the support beams for the roof.. just hot glue some wire in the shape that you want.. like a handgrip all the way up for example.. after you hot glue your wires paper mache it.. then fiberglass over that)

and add some extra bracing from the rear braces to the end of the backseat armrests.. itll have weight up there and with the big tires thats a lot of torque to have 50 pounds above your head go backward with momentum

if you can find enough alternator.. build a thousand watt trailer

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 762
1. Its electric
2. subwoofer + enclosure + amplifiers + fibreglass + hot glue or paper mache, or whatever else = much more than 50 lbs. Round a corner at more than 5mph and the things sitting upside down.

Anonymous

well considering therse not enough amperage to drive a big sub.. the sub shouldnt have a large magnet (makes shopping more fun) and since there not a lot of watts you dont need super thick mdf
fiberglass only weighs a ton if you put on a ton applied to a ton of wood.. if you did a semi flush deal it would be a flat thing of fiberglass with bumped up edges around the amp and subs

i would take that top off and make my own fiberglass top from scratch (smooth the top)

then you could use the top shell as a box and put the port by the amps to serve as a fan
no more wooden box and its lighter and cooler now

with 50 pounds on top and two adults.. you should be able to take a corner at full speed
3g's is only 150lbs you have an adult on side plus the weight of the cart
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us