Has any one ever.....

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 182
i just wanted to know if anyone ever tried to hook up a sub to there deck when they were younger, i remember when i was 13 i had a jl audio W0 i found at a pawn shop for 20 bucks and i made the crappiest box ever with plywood, then i hooked it up to my moms clarion deck in her van, i bridged the 2 back channels together to get like 50 watts rms, then faded it so it sounded what i thought was decent, it actually rattled her van, was hilarious, she didnt know i did this until she went to get groceries and this box was in her trunk,

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2042
We did all crap like that when we were young - i used to strap on a very small but loud radio on my Bicycle & ride all over the place blasting the American Top 40 Countdown & everysingle person 1 pass used to give me stares !

@ home i used to take a cheap azz radio & connect it with a EQ which had a booster & run 2 8s which sounded like 2 good 10s . Parents always shouting " Stop making so much noise ! " -lol ....

Could write an essay on what i used to do , when u look back u wondered if u were actually ...Upload

Anonymous

how did you connect your cheap radio to two 8's, what the heck is a eq with a booster

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2043
thats old skool engineering !

u buy a jack & plug it in into the radio's jack that is used for headphones (so thats becomes your input signal)& run that signal into the EQ's input wires . The CAR EQ i had was a MITSUI like a normal Eq but but has a built in 20W booster (in rough terms "amplifier" ) - powered it with a 12 volt DC adapter & TADA ! - u got u a "system" ... lol...was casette player radio @ that time !

BTW - i had 2 separate boxes for those Chinese made subs which my bro made out of cheap grade WHITE PINE solid wood with 3/8" plywood front/back , i used a holesaw & made it "ported" with no pipe ......

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1480
http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/650399/4

i found this guy rollin around in the parking lot on his bicycle at Mardi Gras Nationals last april...enjoy:-)

Username: Suphahighfly

Post Number: 10
wow, that is probably the most comical thing i have ever seen, however i was contemplating taking my old head unit, old amp, and subs and making a boom box with it. i havent figured out what i would need to covert the wire so that you could plug it into an outlet yet though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us