Kenwood KDC 3022 - need the decoder -- PPPPPlease

Username: Buchworm

Post Number: 1
Please help -- I need to know how to decode this KDC 3022-- row row row your boat is getting awfully old.

I purchased this vehicle from my friend who has now moved to New York, it had the Kenwood KDC 3022 radio in it, but she doesn't remember the code she used with it and now I can't reach her to get any idea of whether or not it had 4 digits or 3 or what. We tried hundreds of the 10,000 combinations -- but my fingers are getting very sore, so we pulled the radio out of the dash.

PPPPPPPLEASE help -- thank you so much.

Bronze Member
Username: Ehostler

VA

Post Number: 12
Get the serial number that is on the head unit. Then call Kenwood. They can either give you a work around code or they can tell you how to default the existing code.

Username: Buchworm

Post Number: 2
Thank you. I had already called Kenwood and they said that I would have to take it to a repair center to have them decode it. I have seen some of the online decode companies -- do they work? Also, does anybody have the decoding method -- please? -- I'm going bananas !!!!!!

Thanks

Bronze Member

VA

Post Number: 15
OK, here are a couple of methods that I was able to find. Maybe one of them will work for you. If not, it will at least give you an idea as what to look for/try.

First one is:

"I have the KDC sumthin, it has a volume knob and a knob like joystick at the other end to skip songs and so fourth. Here it what I did. in the bottom left corner hold the button "ame/auto" and hold right on the joystick. after a few seconds the four underscores beside CODE will go away, now grab the remote and type "KCAR" with the number buttons pushing left after each letter. when done hit left and it will say APPROVED and reset the deck. hope that helps, dont ask where i got the info it wasnt easy. "

Here is the Second one:

"First thing, Forgive my english mistakes but i'm a spanish native speaker and i live in South America. ok?
I bought a KDC519 in Ebay for 25 bucks, really cheap, but this player asked for security code and seller said you got to figure out to unlock, and this is was i do.
IN YOUR RADIO: DISPLAY WILL ASK FOR CODE AND CODE ---- APPEARS ON, SO, HOLD .DISP AND PRESS VOL UP AT LEAST 3 SECONDS. THE "----" WILL DISSAPREAR. NOW TAKE YOUR REMOTE AND DIGIT "KCAR" WITH THE NUMBER PAD.
PRESS "5", "5", >>| (NEXT TRACK) YOU GOT A "K"
PRESS "2", "2","2" >>| (NEXT TRACK) YOU GOT A "C"
PRESS "2", >>| (NEXT TRACK) YOU GOT A "A"
PRESS "7", "7", YOU GOT A "R"
PRESS >>| (NEXT TRACK)
IF DISPLAY SHOWS "APPROVED" YOU'RE DONE ;)
this method remove code.
Espero haberlos ayudado, y que tengan suerte con sus repodructores. porque Kenwood la lleva.
That means: I hope you have helped, and that you got luck with yours palyers. Because Kenwood rocks!"

Username: Mohamed

HaifaIsrael

hi
i bought my car with mp3 kenwood kdc-mpv7020 and when my car battery died i change it and when i turn on my kenwood i saw a msg ( enter ,
code _ _ _ _ 4 )i dont have any thing for these cd , any one can help me ( i have the remote )

Bronze Member

VA

Post Number: 23
The information that you see above is the only information that I have been able to locate.

It will just be trial and error to find what puts your unit into the srvice mode. Once it is there, entering KCAR from the remote should do the rest.

Unregistered guest
thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!you are the sh*" it really worked!!!if your ever in phx look me up ill buy you a drink or lunch!!

Bronze Member

VA

Post Number: 25
Glad I was able to help you.

Unregistered guest
Hi,

I have a kdc mp522 this model has no volume up button as there is a knob for the volume adjustment, but there isn't a "joystick" in the bottom right either, so I don't know how to get rid of the underscores to even try this method... the local place I got my sub installed at said to try the kcar code from the remote as well. Do you have any idea how I can try this?

Bronze Member

VA

Post Number: 26
Just try different combinations of buttons. Hold them for at least 3 seconds.

HaifaIsrael

did u have another way to pass the code msg
(HOLD .DISP AND PRESS VOL UP AT LEAST 3 SECONDS. THE "----" WILL DISSAPREAR)
this way dosnt work :-(

Bronze Member

VA

Post Number: 31
The information that you see above is the only information that I have been able to locate.

It will just be trial and error to find what puts your unit into the srvice mode. Once it is there, entering KCAR from the remote should do the rest.

Thresher
Unregistered guest
Just as a follow up, I figured out what it is on the mp522. Press and hold ame/auto (the second red button all the way to the right) and the track forward button for 3 secs to get the ---- to disappear. Then enter kcar just as Ehostler explained.

SO glad to have my system back! Thanks for the help. Nice to see there are still people out there willing to share info instead of rip-off service companies charging a fortune for a 30 second job.

HaifaIsrael

Post Number: 3
i cant make the msg code _ _ _ _ go away i tryed all combinations of buttons , did u have another way ?

Anonymous

Hope you can help me. I have a Kenwood car stereo cd player with a detatchable face. My daughter set the security and has forgot the code. Model KDC-319. Also i have the remote. It wont be cost effective to have someone remove it and ship it to a service center. Can you help?

monteze
Unregistered guest
ok i hav the kdc-x859 kenwood head unit but i lost the remote any suggustions on how to enter kcar

gazza01
Unregistered guest
hi i bought akdc-5090r of ebay it has a message on the screen saying code---- thier is no remote with this unit could you please help me........

Bronze Member

VA

Post Number: 52

Also, you MUST use the remote to enter KCAR. No remote, no unlock.

Unregistered guest
Hello I just bought a KVT-910DVD but it has the famous code , can any one help me TKs a lot

Allready have tryed at least more than 2000 diferents codes but looks worthless

Thanks again for the help

TFOY
Unregistered guest
Need to find a code for a KDC322.

Unregistered guest
Eholster you are AWESOME!!!!<<< That worked on mine. I just bought the truck and had to disconnect the battery. The stupid radio asked for a code, that KCAR thing along with your instructions worked perfectly.

Thank you VERY much, stay cool.

Allie
Unregistered guest
I have a KDC322 & I can put the numbers in for the code, but I dont know how to enter it. Can u help me?

Factor_1
Unregistered guest
i have a kenwood kdc 5024 and displays the message
CODE ----0 and i don't have the code and no remote control what should i do?

Username: Static11

i have a kenwood kdc-515s detatchable cd player for my car i had to change my started which required my to disconect power. now it ask me for a 4 digit code and when i enter my old code it dont work i called kenwood and they said i would have to send it out for decoding is there a onther way to do this with out spending all that money. one thing i want to metion is that when i was on the phone with kenwood they tried to help me by telling me to hold the disp. botton for 3 seconds and press the reset botton i think this might of been a mistake if you can help me in ay way it would be highly apriceated thanks for your help i also do not have a remote

Unregistered guest
can someone please help me i have recently bought my car of my brother and the radio is askin for a code (kenwood z838w) i think!! he said the code was on a tiny piece of paper but i cleaned out his junk so that is likely the paper went into the rubbish!! the radio doesnt come with a remote so i don't know how to key in the letters please please please please help me!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9667
stop stealing kenwoods and get the codes from the original owners or buy a new radio
end of story

clared
Unregistered guest
rude

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9721
"Oh I lost the code to an alarm system or security system! Help me get around it!"

oldest BS in the book.
That's why it's called a SECURITY feature.

Anonymous

Hi there i need to know how to get to the point to enter KCAR. I have the remote

Anonymous

Hi I have the Kenwood KDC-6020 and i have the remote. I just have no clue how to enter service mode!!!! I have tried heaps of combinations but nothing works!! GRRR

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1617
Stop posting in this thread. Some guy from South America already typed up a summary about unlocking the unit (though it is uncomplete-read Ehostler's post). I definitely agree with Glass...stop stealing stereos. Kenwood requires you to have your driver's license to be approved! Because you cannot verify your source of where you attained the unit, I don't trust you and in turn can't help!

Unregistered guest
Hi .. I'm working for Mazda dealer. One of the trade in car had a kenwood kdc 6015. I removed and put this on my car but didnt work. its asking for a code. I called kenwood and they ask me to ship this to them. This is a cheap old cd player with remote and to ship will caust 30 to 40 Canadian. If you can please help me to get my music on.

tmoney
Unregistered guest
glasswolf, your an idiot. security codes are pointless b/c chances are a thief doesnt know if your cd player has a security code on it or not, therefore they wont know until they have stolen it. so what do these accomplish.and if i was stealing radios i would straight up tell you it was stolen and i need the code and you can suck my dick...

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1995

quote:

One of the subtler techniques for discouraging car-stereo thieves is the use of a security code, without which a system will not operate. In itself, such a system cannot prevent the removal of a piece of equipment, but that equipment will be useless to the thief, or whomever he sells it to. This might offer some cold comfort if your stereo does get stolen; more important, many thieves are very knowledgeable about particular components and their capabilities. If they realize that a certain model contains a security code, they are unlikely to touch it.

http://www.mastersonaudio.com/tips/20030715.htm

I also know you would not tell us the radio was stolen; if you said that you would never get help.

jason 5814
Unregistered guest
I feel either pissed for being an idiot or pissed that the manual is full of s***. I have a kenwood mp228 and I cant figure out how to set the damn clock. the book says in standby mode, push the joystick-like control knob and the press it to fm or am. its supposed to make the clock blink. but when u do this absolutely nothing happens any suggestions out there? i just bought it.

marieZ
Unregistered guest
Ehostler -- thank-you so much for the info -- car w/ Kenwood KDC series-- had to go in shop for clutch replaced at a cost of 800.00 so depressed then the one thing I must have for my long commutes in the ATL is my music - pickup pay for car repair and then no music, locked out -- code was locked - (second owner) and no tunes -- followed your instructions and now I can rock !! thank-you thank-you..M

browneyedk
Unregistered guest
Thanks Ehostler for the great advice. Worked like a
charm on my KDC-319.

Username: Chotech

KDC-MP228 is as the same as the KDC-MP4029.
To set the clock,enter unit into STANDBY mode from there holddown the MENU key next to the VOLUME knob for 2 second until display changes.Then use the AM-FM key to scroll through the menu for CLK ADJ from there press enter and use the FF & RR key to adjust the hours & mins.

Unregistered guest
Please give decorder for Kenwood car stereo KRC689
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us