I need really good subs!

Username: Archduke

Usa

Post Number: 1
Hey ive got a really decent system in my car except for subs. I really want some good sounding hard pounding subs.Im putting this system in a 1971 Dodge Challenger show car, so I want this to hit hard and sound great. Any suggestions on a combo of two or three 12" subs and amp? Oh and what do you peeps think of the Soundstream Davinchi series? Any info might help!

Pat L
Unregistered guest
If its a show car you would want to go almost all out! If i wanted to impress a some people not only with the car but the trunk, put nice subs in there. JL's are expensive but very fine and hit way hard with good enough power. I would suggest put Three 12" JL's and hide the AMP. I would hide the AMP because you want the focus on the subs. Get a very nice custom fitted box (depending on your knowlege for box fitting and design make it yourself or find somebody very good to do it). Mabey have it setup for Two subs faced out (normal) and the middle JL flipped. Dont get too carried away with Plex-glass, you want that older car to have a clean look to it. Try to incorprate a big JL Audio sign on the box somewhere (so people can see what your all about). If you cant do JL's than go with some of the newer model Rockfords dont go to old because they dont look good (remember modern). My last tip is to keep the box and subs looking brand new and have very clean install and setup because if your going to be showing it off at shows, people will like to see the sleek look!

VAclipsin
Unregistered guest
Look at Elemental Designs A series. They have a very unique look. They also sound great. SQ and SPL.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2043
Challenger. nice cars. I have a 66 Charger.

look at some of these combos:
2 JL 13W7s and two JL 1000/1 amps
2 JL 12W7s and one JL 1000/1 amp
2 Eclipse Titanium 12" subs and 1 Kicker KX1200.1 amp
2 eD E12A subs and a Zapco C2K series amplifier

Usa

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your help!

Usa

Post Number: 3
So Glasswolf you think the JL's are the way to go?
Awesome! But just asking What do you think about the Brahmas, The Soundsream Davinchi subs and have you ever heard the Boston ProSeries 12.5LF?
Just curious as to what you think about them. Acually this question is for anyone. Thanks!

Sony Sucks
Unregistered guest
The JL's Look Great and sound even better! If you got the money then I would say them. The Brahmas are real good, but I don't know about the others.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2065
Brahmas are good subs. not a bad choice, and they will do their best with around 500-600wRMS each in 2cu ft ported enclosures, tuned to around 35Hz.

Yes I like the JL subs and amps.

Soundstream.. meh. they're ok I guess.

Boston Pro series. I used to sell them. They make nice components, but I wasn't impressed with their subs. They look great, but I used four of their 8" subs in a Mercedes two-seater convertible, and they sounded like crap. I wound up replacing them with Orion subs later and they sounded far better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us